Canopy - What have you fitted?

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
So far have responses from Caddy, Carryboy, Flexiglass, and PJs4x4. Waiting on ARB, Razorback and TJM.

Once I have responses I'll share what info I have and let people know which direction I'm heading. I must admit, there's been quite the variation in price so far!

Reactions: Crusty181

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Ive just ordered a Smooth ARB one $2700 & something fitted, couldn't stick my hand far enough in my pocket to afford their Accent one at nearly $4000 was a tad too much. Flexiglass in Perth quoted me $3399 fitted for a Flexisport which I thought was pretty good but thought I'd better spend my $$ with our local ARB guy as he is a good sponsor of local sports etc in our town

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Looking to fit an ARB canopy to a Ranger. Lift up window on passenger side and slide with mesh on the drivers side, for the dogs......maybe kids if they misbehave....wife.....quiet life!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hey @Smergen was away with my brother on the w/e and he has the new ARB Accent canopy on his Ranger. Dust pressure vent. Lift up central lock windows, and the side windows have no visible hardware. They are opened via an electronic button on the front edge of the canopy .. expensive but pretty cool
20150607_092842.jpg 20150607_092900.jpg

Reactions: cruza driver

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Anyone got an opinion of metal vs. fibreglass vs. plastic? I've got a bit of a spread of quotes covering materials, warranties and prices so now it's decision making time...

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I was quoted that the metal Razorback one weighing in at 80kgs. Surely a fibreglass one would be lighter?
When I bought the new beaut super ute, I bought an exact replica of the retired ute (including the color). So I didn't need counselling AGAIN buying another $5000 canopy (ouch). I tied it to the roof of the factory, the plan being to drive out from under it and reverse the new ute back under ...... until the delivery was delayed a fortnight and the canopy had to stay nervously swinging 5 feet off the ground inside the roller door worrying the bejesus out of me the rope would let go.

When transition finally arrived I had to lie in the tub with my feet up on the inside roof of the canopy moving it about to position it properly ..... and I can say with some confidence (and some guesswork) that it was less than 80kg

Last edited:

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Can anyone with a Cady (alpha) Canopy tell me what you think?
Looking at getting one for the Ranger based on style. Quoted a 12-14 week wait as they have none in stock.
Thoughts please

Dean81

Nov 18, 2012
Brisvegas, Qld
www.ausplay.net.au
Can anyone with a Cady (alpha) Canopy tell me what you think?
Looking at getting one for the Ranger based on style. Quoted a 12-14 week wait as they have none in stock.
Thoughts please

I have had mine for 2 years now also - been great
Maybe just get it keyed alike to the car or get the central locking hooked up. Just a personal thing, wish I had of done it now.

Reactions: skippy