17' Series Blueys 2014 1756-2 outback

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Looks good taking fishing rods and my floundering light and spear my rellow is seeing if he can take half a day off work to drive with us to mouth of murray 20 to 30ks on the beach one way id rather get bogged with a friend but dont have sand anchor will use spare tyre dug into sand if needed ?????? What do others do are sand anchors expencive im still on the couch he says we will make it easy hes done it a lot just one real soft section but remember im driving a cruiser so should power through ( i hope )
Just lower the tyre pressures and you'll be right

Reactions: Bluey

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Looks good taking fishing rods and my floundering light and spear my rellow is seeing if he can take half a day off work to drive with us to mouth of murray 20 to 30ks on the beach one way id rather get bogged with a friend but dont have sand anchor will use spare tyre dug into sand if needed ?????? What do others do are sand anchors expencive im still on the couch he says we will make it easy hes done it a lot just one real soft section but remember im driving a cruiser so should power through ( i hope )

Just lower the tyre pressures and you'll be right

and the Van as well............... it will help

Reactions: Bluey and dagree

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Heading home tomoz drove to murray mouth again today got another bucket of cockles to take home mmmmm tasty cant get enough of that beach driving its great but car has had a very good pressure wash and more washing when i get home great trip all round good weather hats off to SA its a great place to drive and camp so many good spots not to far away from each other one day i will catch up with @crackacoldie hope im back again soon
Sorry I couldn't catch you again this trip @Bluey , unfortunately had to make a living, C'mon 6 numbers

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
made it home safe cruiser went well so did my new aircon used it this morning heating us it was very cold early , but then a nice day no wind at first then it came just enough to make it a push into it yesterday was worse strong head wind always happens coming home full updates on fuel and distance later have to work it all out and yes pics to come up at 5 tomoz back on the chain gang

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Well im off today for a tow test thought it was a good idea to take wife for a drive on mothers day we are off to Ballarat some very big climbs on the way the best tow test for the change of exhurst system i took the 2 3/4 off as i lost power and back pressure see how it goes now with standed system back on but still have 2 3/4 dump pipe time to get ready ive cooked scrambled eggs for breaky to please her was nice ive done my bit now its back to me and my car

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Ok the figures are in now driving to Ballarat from Melbourne its 500 meters above sea level Melbournes at sea level just about so its a decent climb most of the way the Pentland hills 10 ks measured today a realy good climb
Car stayed on 100 2500 reves all the way up ive got my mojo back !!!!!!!!!
On my recent trip to Eldee i got 17s to 20s all the way not happy jan
Today i got 16.5 going there and back 219 ks very happy compaired to last trips made to SA as comparison when van was full where i got 18s fueling up at Arrarat past Ballarat ....
I drove van over a weigh bridge on side of freeway with a small deck.... car first 2500kg with van on it said ...... drove van on 2400kg conected to car but no food clothes barbi or other stuff
I dont care anymore as ive changed many cars and ended up with the same as ive allways had
But very happy with exhurst back to normal egts where good getting to 620 once but backed off a bit to control that most of the time around 450 ....... its got full power and drops to 1800 reves to 100ks as soon as the road flatens out which it dose without van but the road today dosnt happen much as its very hilly there and back now i need to ring exhurst company to say there system is no good for my car and try to do a deal so far had a great Mothers day

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Ok i did it got rid of that absolute crap tap fitting to get water in van the plastic fitting still there but disconnected it and got this tap set up going with a new Thompson pressure limiting valve works a treat so glad ive done it no more drips no more hoses blowing off the van much better pressure in shower and tap
Better and more pics tomoz as i just finnished getting datk
20170520_172305.jpg 20170520_172326.jpg
So much better im giveing myself 5 stars

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Ok i did it got rid of that absolute crap tap fitting to get water in van the plastic fitting still there but disconnected it and got this tap set up going with a new Thompson pressure limiting valve works a treat so glad ive done it no more drips no more hoses blowing off the van much better pressure in shower and tap
Better and more pics tomoz as i just finnished getting datk
View attachment 49430 View attachment 49431
So much better im giveing myself 5 stars
Nice work @Bluey, youve inspired to move my filler to the outside on the chassis somewhere

PS you might want to block the old filler, just in case you get pi$$ed and forget you'd moved the mains

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Nice work @Bluey, youve inspired to move my filler to the outside on the chassis somewhere

PS you might want to block the old filler, just in case you get pi$$ed and forget you'd moved the mains
Yes easy done theres a plastic fitting that blocks it an end cap more pics tomoz
That filter is only in place when in use i take it off when traveling 2 plastic clips hold it in place up out of the way and neat

Reactions: dagree and bigcol

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Try to.more pics with phone 20170521_163011.jpg this cap will be on when traveling 20170521_162818.jpg same cap goes on filler to block it
20170521_162706.jpg
Used same water hose no need to cut it just pushed it through floor and ran it to tap the same fitting on the inside of van on the filler now goes on tap it was all so easy and so much better
The saddles i used to clamp tap on are 20mm nylon coated i put 4 or 5 clamps on for it to very strong stainless steel bolts and lock nuts both m5 size best and easyest mod ive eva done should had done it 2 years ago

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Well no trip with van but took kids to the snow today Lake Mountain of corse cold kids had gum boots should have hired snow boots they kept filling with snow so they had cold feet good one Daddy next time son didnt care daughter had enough but we had a good 2 hrs sliding down with there 10 dollar sled from aldi money well spent BUT
65 bucks to get car up mountain the bloody road wasnt that steep what a shocker 65 bucks are they kidding well it seems not
2 and half hr drive from home still good day had by all some great views of mist... fog .... and cloud but very nice drive the ferns are loverly and so green like driving in an enchanted forest
20170612_115855.jpg