Antmans 16.49-3

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
A busy Weekend had this one.

1st. The Aircon air intake under the van is exposed by 6 rather large round holes. Stone Stomper did a great mod which we based our off. You can find his here: http://www.expandasdownunder.com/showthread.php/718-Air-Con-Air-Intake?highlight=intake

We got two pieces of checkerplate, some hinges and a couple of barrel bolts. The hinges are secured through not only the exposed timber but also the metal plate behind the timber. Just have to be careful not to drill into the air con unit. Found a small piece of timber that would fit up in the hole to ensure we did not hit it. :)
Here is the finished product.

20121118_161854.jpg 20121118_161923.jpg 20121118_161759.jpg 20121118_161748.jpg20121118_161836.jpg

2nd. To cover the switches for the 12volt, the hot water and the pump that Jayco put down at foot height. We have an issue with our 15 mth old who likes to turn the hot water on... so really had to fix that. She may still put her finger in through the side of the cover but we don't think she will. Already have another piece of timber ready to silicon onto the perspex if need be.

20121118_160929.jpg 20121118_161611.jpg 20121118_161023.jpg

leesy

Jul 26, 2012
Lysterfield
looks great AM, i did not realize that those holes were there until after doing the Oodnadatta and my AC intake now has a number of stone dints, i dont think any have pieced the unit but a cover or deflector is on my list too!

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Some More Mods - Whiskers and Camlocks

Hey All

A couple of weeks ago we fitted some whiskers and camlocks to the Van. I saw the camlocks on this forum but i can't find the original poster to give credit. :(

20121202_172251.jpg 20121202_172629.jpg 20121202_172652.jpg

20121202_172634.jpg 20121202_175412.jpg

Cheers
Ants

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Good move with the AC mod, I was only looking at that whilst under my van last night. To be honest I cannot believe it does not have any protection.

Geoff

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
so we have some more warranty work to be done.

1. Awning needs to be replaced as it was damaged when we received the van.
2. Roof collapsed due to dead strut or struts
3. 2nd Shower wall (the one that is in the middle of the van) needs to be re-glued as has come adrift
4. Strut on front bed lid needs to be replaced as it was damaged when it collapsed upon closing the lid due to incorrect installation.
5. Microwave is damaged as it does not appear to have been secured properly.

So get this, the awning was reported to Brisbane Camperland Service in October last year (1mth after purchase). They had the van at that time to do some other warranty work. They took photos of the awning, sent to Jayco Melbourne and ordered the awning. They told me that it would be unlikely to get before Christmas for various reasons. Then told me as Jayco shut down over Christmas / new year that it would be February before they would get it. Seems like a very long time. As we were going away I thought this would be fine anyways so went with that. Come the 2nd week into February I still had not heard anything from Brisbane Camperland. I called them. Spoke to Wayne. Wayne tells me that for some reason Melbourne cancelled the order? He proceeds to re-order the part. Knowing the reception I have had from Brisbane Camperland Service in the past, I decided to call Melbourne at this time. Dennis in melbourne who is absolutely fantastic to deal with, tells me that they have never had an order for my Chassis number for an awning prior to February 2013. He also advised me when the awning would be sent to Brisbane as it had been picked and was ready to go.

Today Friday 8th March, I called Melbourne again (wanted to confirm it had gone) and confirmed that the awning was shipped up to Brisbane on Wednesday this week and would at Brisbane Camperland. Interesting that they shipped it up in another van. Makes sense I guess but one would hope that everything was secured so it could not damage the van it is in.

I then called Brisbane Camperland Service. They say they don't have the awning, which is fine as its probably at the sales yard in a van. I said all I want to do is book the van in to have the warranty items done. I said I wanted to leave the van with them for the entire of next week. They tell me that they are booked out until April. Under normal circumstances I would say fine book in for then. However, as this has been going on since October, that some form of concession should be made in this instance. They will not budge. Also, they would not book my van in yet as they don't have the awning. I suggested that maybe they need to converse with their sales yard. Its not hard to make a phone call in this type of situation where Jayco have made a mistake. Camperland went on to tell me it was Jaycos fault and that nothing would happen until they received the part. I mentioned well are you not Jayco? He said no. I said well you are the "Face of Jayco". He said no again that they are just Brisabane Camplerland. Interesting that all they sell are Jayco Products and they are not the Face of Jayco...

So I called Dennis in Melbourne back. Very pleasant again to talk to. Advised me of who I need to speak to but today they are on an RDO and Monday is a public holiday in Melbourne. So I will call them on Tuesday and see what sort of reception I get and also advise Melbourne that their service agents want to distance themselves from the product they sell....

Update to come next week. Hopefully with a resolution.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
Anthony,

Hell of a saga!

I can't understand how some of these companies (dealers) stay in business with the appalling customer service they provide.

Good luck getting this sorted.

Ro

Reactions: Antman

ragracing

Jan 30, 2012
Petrie Qld
Hey Antman,

Are you on the Northside of Brisbane? If so I have had all my Warranty work and 1st Service done at "B & B's Caravan Service & Repairs" at Brendale (No Affiliation) as they are an Jayco Authorized service agent. I went there after Brisbane Camperland Service lost my Phone Number and emails and never returned my phone calls and the wait to get anything fixed was way to long.

Good luck
Duncan

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
Thanks ragracing
I didn't know that there was another service agent in Brisbane. We are south but Brendale is really not much further from us anyway.
I will talk to Melbourne on Tuesday and get them to move the part I think. :)
Cheers again.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Can understand your frustration Ants, hope you get it sorted soon. The repairer that ragracing mentioned might be worth trying by the sounds of it. Good luck mate!

Mike7

Nov 10, 2011
mate I feel your pain, I just had warranty work done on my van and the incompetence with which things were done was dumfounding not to mention down right dangerous in some of the repair they carried out.

I dont know how some places stay in business.

Cheers
Mike

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I feel for you Antman but if you are on the south side of Brisbane maybe you can get to the Gold Coast. Like Ragracing, I use an agent down here and I find them great. East Coast Refinishers at Ashmore have been very helpful to us with the van. Just have a look in the yellow pages for caravan repairs, these companies often state that they are authorised repair agents for different caravan companies.

Kenshi123

Jun 24, 2012
Ballarat
How frustrating! You are a much more patient person than I am Ants. Hope good karma heads your way and bad karma theirs. All the best for a speedy resolution mate.

Reactions: golivers travels

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi ants,
Our panda goes in for it's first service and minor warranty fixes on the 19th at Camperland. Bit apprehensive now, but will see how they treat us. fingers crossed all goes well.
If you do move your warranty work, would be very interested in how you find them.
Jas