Alistair & Sandra's First Ever Van - 17.56-2 OB (2013)

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
IT'S HERE!!!! I meant to post pics yesterday, however yesterday was also important for another reason - I had my long-awaited black belt exam for Choi Kwang Do! After 4 hours of physical pain I was just too buggered to even take pics lol

Anyway here are a couple of pics - we haven't got the rear bed out due to it's parking location, but I already can't wait for our first trip!!

I've spent most of mothers day pottering around the van lining the shelves with non-slip matting and working out where I will store everything etc - it's so much fun :D

Caravan 2.JPG
Caravan 1.JPG

Attachments

• Caravan 3.JPG
    Caravan 3.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 284
  • Caravan 4.JPG
    Caravan 4.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 290

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
IT'S HERE!!!! I meant to post pics yesterday, however yesterday was also important for another reason - I had my long-awaited black belt exam for Choi Kwang Do! After 4 hours of physical pain I was just too buggered to even take pics lol

Anyway here are a couple of pics - we haven't got the rear bed out due to it's parking location, but I already can't wait for our first trip!!

I've spent most of mothers day pottering around the van lining the shelves with non-slip matting and working out where I will store everything etc - it's so much fun :D

View attachment 22247 View attachment 22246

Its looks fantastic!!!

Camping in it tonight?

If not where is the first trip planned?

Also I am presuming you got your black belt WOW CONGRATULATIONS?

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Yes @davemc I don't think I would have had the patience to wait for months!

No camping in it tonight - first official trip is to Rollingstone on the June long weekend, however we are hoping to get away for a night or two before then to test it out :)

And yes I receive my black belt tomorrow night at the belt presentation ceremony, so I guess after that I can officially say that I am a Black Belt - woohoo!! :D

Reactions: coled1970

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
First mod will be to convert the wardrobe cupboard to a pantry - I'm hoping I can find a set of free-standing plastic drawers that I can just sit in there, as others have done on this site - but failing that we will just install shelves (well hubby will lol)

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
No camping, but you can at least have a couple of drinks and christen it, looks really good and very impressed, now as you say the fun begins, but how are you going to hold out till June, Good Luck, I couldn't do it lol.

Dave

Reactions: Flossymk1

Dandy

Jan 18, 2014
Another 17! Looks great did you get an annexe? Our youngest are same ages. They love their bunks. Did your awning come with LED's? Very similar to the 2014 in almost every aspect.

Reactions: Flossymk1

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
Congrats on the van. I notice no LED lighting on the ceiling (thought LED's were going to be standard fitment from last year), also lm I seeing right a slight convex curve roof. Is the roof curved? Pace.

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
We didn't get an annexe, but did get a Sunbuster long shade wall. Yes it does have LED's throughout internally, but none on the awning - that's a 2014 addition I think.

But overall yes it's very similar to the 2014 model - main difference inside is that the 2013 does not have the new pop-up vent/hatch in the main living space.

I have no idea if the roof is curved?? If you mean the edges of it then yes they are curved :)

Went shopping today and got a few things for the kitchen - going out tomorrow to get a Webber Baby Q - excited much!!

Hubby does not like the towing mirrors as he's worried that they will damage the paint on the car, so we are taking them back and swapping for a set of Milenco Grand Aeros instead.

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Ok we have managed to organise a quick getaway at the end of this month!! Sooooo looking forward to it :D

More shopping - got mattress protectors and new sheets for the beds. Also bought the soap dispensers I wanted for the shower - I am mounting them today so will post pics later.

Also brought home the Webber Baby Q on Tuesday! Got the one with the large dome lid and thermostat, 3m hose to connect to the van, premium breakfast plate and stand.

Can anyone recommend a good online site to buy a couple of those black netting storage pockets? The RV Parts Express site is out of stock..

I am still deciding what to do re a dinner set for the van. We have always used plastic/melamine plates when camping, however I have read that a lot of people use Corelle dishware in their vans? I feel like my van deserves more than plastic plates lol! What do you guys all use, and how do you store your dishware safely etc?

Reactions: Ren77

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Ok we have managed to organise a quick getaway at the end of this month!! Sooooo looking forward to it :D

More shopping - got mattress protectors and new sheets for the beds. Also bought the soap dispensers I wanted for the shower - I am mounting them today so will post pics later.

Also brought home the Webber Baby Q on Tuesday! Got the one with the large dome lid and thermostat, 3m hose to connect to the van, premium breakfast plate and stand.

Can anyone recommend a good online site to buy a couple of those black netting storage pockets? The RV Parts Express site is out of stock..

I am still deciding what to do re a dinner set for the van. We have always used plastic/melamine plates when camping, however I have read that a lot of people use Corelle dishware in their vans? I feel like my van deserves more than plastic plates lol! What do you guys all use, and how do you store your dishware safely etc?

We use corelle just stack it on non slip matting never had any troubles and worthy every penny.

You can get plate stackers which is a plastic device you put the plates in so they don't slip around.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
x 2 for the Corelle, we just stack them as we do at home, but some non slip on top of them if we are going to stack a differrnt size on top, works a treat (so far) looking like 17's are going to rule

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Thanks for the replies - I went and had a look at th e Corelle stuff in Big W and really quite liked it, so have bought a set for the van!

First official mod done - installed shampoo and soap dispensers in the shower - got them from Bunnings and I am very pleased with how they look :)
Dispenser 1.JPG Dispenser 2.JPG

Attachments

• Dispenser 3.JPG
    Dispenser 3.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 255