17.56-2 Wiring diagram

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Does anyone know if Jayco released a wiring diagram for the 2011 17.56-2 that I can lay my hands on? I suspect they might make it up as they go but would be interested to see one.

Reactions: blacky

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
LOL - Almost fell off my chair when I saw this :) From what I have seen with Jayco, the best you get from fromin regards to a wiring diagram is the diagram of how to wire up a SETEC unit in the SECTEC ubits manual... seems it depends on the person wiring the van how it is wired...

Lets Face it - Jokes Aside - Jayco Quality Control simply doesn't exist and if there is someone out there calling them self a Jayco Quality Control Manager in the Factory or Dealers then I suggest that person(s) should go back to their School(s) Principal and ask for a refund.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Brookes.I think there is some standard they wire too. Would be interested in seeing wiring diagram myself though.Pace.
Wiring can't be that difficult Pace. Only two ends to each bit of wire after all, what could possibly go wrong? No need for a standard - there's room for Jayco workers to be creative and just use a diagram as a rough guide. Lucky mainly 12v so they're rarely electrocuted.

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
I managed to get my hands on the only Jayco wiring diagram in existence:
xkcd_circuit_diagram.png

Looks pretty close too!!
:laugh:

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
OMG, that is gold, though i need to comment.

2 outputs of the star wound flux capacitor are shorted together, i have search on seek.com for the assistant who is going to switch that switch real fast with no success and i imagine someone has all ready noted the holy water is part of the earth circuit, this is an obvious connection.

Thanks BM for putting a funny spin on such a topic.

Pace.

boots33

Jun 25, 2011
Maudsland Gold Coast Hinterland Qld
Love the diagram bigman. although i think that might be for an 18' expanda with all the accessories fitted, not the 17 brookes was after. hey brookes as you may have guessed you are after the holy grail trying to find an expanda wiring diagram.

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Love the diagram bigman. although i think that might be for an 18' expanda with all the accessories fitted, not the 17 brookes was after. hey brookes as you may have guessed you are after the holy grail trying to find an expanda wiring diagram.

Yeah I know but just like when it's not my birthday I still ask ;)

I'm trying to find out what goes through the "Battery" switch. I am trying to get my head around how I'm going to wire the fridge to the house battery. I have a 60AMP battery protector and thought I may as well use its capacity. The fridge drawing 15AMP leaves loads of capability so was thinking of using that switch to also power the protector, fridge, inverter and whatever.

Reactions: skippy

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Well I finally found something. I lifted this off the Yahoo Group. Looks kinda accurate for one so old now I just need to validate the wire colours.

Attachments

• Jayco+Scematic+wiring+diagram.pdf
    242.8 KB · Views: 2,933

DaveS

Jan 10, 2014
Well I finally found something. I lifted this off the Yahoo Group. Looks kinda accurate for one so old now I just need to validate the wire colours.

Hi
don't trust that wiring diagram, yet to see 2 vans wired the same, they don't use a specific fuse for any circuit and several things run to different circuits. there's no real color standards as well, twin core of different sizes used depending on the job, red, white, black, yellow. only way to trace a circuit is with a tester and pull fuses to find out where it goes. I've got to the point now where i can usually identify the wires by size etc but it's still gotta be checked as you never know what they did at the factory