Would you use an oven???

Wado

May 7, 2011
New England
Another vote for the Weber BabyQ over the on board oven. Too much storage is never enough and a Weber does the job of a BBQ and an oven. For the very rare use an oven gets when out bush, we stick with the Weber or the camp oven.

Reactions: kimlouise

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
We have gone the oven option as we like our roast dinners with roasted vegies. The meat would be done in either the Weber, camp oven or a slow cooker. Either way it leaves the oven for vegies and (being a yorkshireman) those delicious yorkshire puddings

Doogle

Mar 18, 2011
Melbourne, Victoria
Kimlouise,
The aircon is optional. If you don't want it Jayco should be able to omit it and move the microwave to that spot instead.

As for the WeberQ, it is too large to stow away in the front compartment (under the front bed end) of the 17.56-1, so we leave ours in it's box and it conveniently fits above the fridge (once you have raised the roof), and travels on the floor when we are on the move.
attachment.php

It's amazing where you can store things. We pack our 32" LCD TV into it's original box (which I had to slightly modify to suit) and this packs under the main table in the van when we're on the go.....but once unpacked the box fits up above the table ontop the overhead cupboards.
attachment.php

Dave

satyoga

Aug 3, 2011
Sunshine Coast
We deleted the microwave and put an oven in as we don't have a microwave at home.
Have used the oven, works great and has its own rotating plate, great for pizzas.
Personal choice overall

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
I bike lock our Baby Q to the van when on site.

Travelling I simply wrap it in an old sheet and wedge it in place on the floor. Worked in the Eagle C/T and now this van.

No more carrying gas bottles for it though - gas bayonets front and rear; best idea ever!.

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Another vote for the Baby Q - we did a roast and vegies no worries while on holidays last week :) As for the weather, we had 140 mm the first day, 150 mm the second and we still used the weber Q. We had it in our Oztrail Gazebo and put up a couple of the gazebo walls so we had an all weather outdoor area.

The back of our car is empty so we just pop the baby Q in there while travelling and the trolley goes under the kids dinette.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Dont use an oven do however have a george foreman roaster and a shuttle chef and a baby Q also got a convection micro in the van ,,, If we wont hot chips and staying in a caravan park then I use the camp kitchen other wise its roast potatoes in the GF .. You can cook cakes in the micro and shuttle chef if you really want to never wished we had wanted an oven and dont miss it ... You learn to cook meals around it ..

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
You have probably made your decision by now, but I have purchased a convection oven similar to this one (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Convecti.../230739826868?pt=AU_Ovens&hash=item35b92a58b4) which I got from Harris Scarfe for $40 - fits perfectly under my sink!

Renovated a kitchen for someone a couple of years back and they used one of these convection cookers while they were without a kitchen, they loved the cooker so much they still prefer it to their super dooper new built in oven!!