Work n Play, we're in love :)

andrew nelson

Jan 6, 2015
Glenden
Hi all,
The family and I have just bought a 2nd hand work n play and wanted to jump in and say hello, since for the last couple of weeks before getting it I have been slowing borrowing ;) ideas from here on where to start the mods. Love the forum and the help that you get from everyone.
Heres a couple of pics from when we got it. I've started the mods but better go and put that in the right folder.
Catch you around

Attachments

• Agnes Waters.jpg
    Agnes Waters.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 369
  • jayco bundy.jpg
    jayco bundy.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 346

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Hi all,
The family and I have just bought a 2nd hand work n play and wanted to jump in and say hello, since for the last couple of weeks before getting it I have been slowing borrowing ;) ideas from here on where to start the mods. Love the forum and the help that you get from everyone.
Heres a couple of pics from when we got it. I've started the mods but better go and put that in the right folder.
Catch you around
nice work and welcome heaps of help here Agnes waters is a nice place now dose anyone know why they call 1770 ,,, 1770 in QLD no Queenslanders answer please u should know

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Welcome mate, and nice WnP. I aspire to have one one day, but I reckon I've been spending enough money lately! Did you get it for toys or family? Like @davemc says, interested to see the set-up in the rear.

andrew nelson

Jan 6, 2015
Glenden
@davemc and @Smergen Ive got 4 kids that like to ride push bikes and ive got a motorbike so its a bit of for family and a bit of for play. Its only got the 2 bunks in the back but we are planning on adding the other two in. We've seen Jayco Mackay retro fit them to one before and even with the top cupboards in it looked really nice and factory. But until then, the little ones are top to tail, one on the other and a camp stretcher inbetween.

Reactions: Smergen

andrew nelson

Jan 6, 2015
Glenden
@17triton the prado isnt too bad, you can feel it but thats to be expected from a 2t white brick :0 i'm looking at a mob that has been able to crack the toyota programming and can flash the ECU on the D4D's either that or a chip (i like salt and vinegar) to make it just that little bit more comfortable.....

or a land rover disco 4, but I know what the cheaper option is lol

Reactions: 17triton

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
4 kids yeah we are there as well :).. how old are yours.. I liked the 4 bunk WnP just was out of our price range new,
Great design for families the Work n Play and Basestation.. Kids one end... toilet/adults the other end.
There is a WnP local which looks to have added a extra bunk not great pics.. have a look if you have not seen it
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/kilsyth-south/caravan/jayco-work-n-play/1067265507

andrew nelson

Jan 6, 2015
Glenden
Ours are 13, 9, 7, 4, I think I got that right. I should have said that ours is a 2012 17.51-1 OB, I think it's called with out the ensuite. Don't like the idea of pooing right near where I sleep lol but I also really like the extra storage.

andrew nelson

Jan 6, 2015
Glenden
@davemc thats sort of what we're doing at the mo but I want to free up the walk way to move in and out easier. But we'll use it a couple of times and see if it annoys us to much

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Ha ha yes if we had one be #1 only... Potty training twins at the moment and it's so much fun emptying NOT

Yes I heard you can retrofit bunks although not sure how. It's a great setup being able to throw crap in the back. Did you get a annex seen them setup with back and side adds a lot of room

andrew nelson

Jan 6, 2015
Glenden
Ours didn't come with an annex but I've got an idea on how to fit one of those mosquito style rooms that u can buy for car awnings to it, a significant amount cheaper than the genuine ones.

Paul

Jun 10, 2013
Ipswich
@17triton the prado isnt too bad, you can feel it but thats to be expected from a 2t white brick :0 i'm looking at a mob that has been able to crack the toyota programming and can flash the ECU on the D4D's either that or a chip (i like salt and vinegar) to make it just that little bit more comfortable.....

or a land rover disco 4, but I know what the cheaper option is lol

Try Red Dog Diesel. He sends the ECM away and has it re programed. OEM don’t even know it’s been done. I have heard rave reviews from my work mates and plan on doing my Navara. Not sure what models he does and if it’s only Brisbane based? There is a number here on this add.

Red Dog.jpg

andrew nelson

Jan 6, 2015
Glenden
@Paul Thanks heaps for that I will look them up. i just found out that my brother has a tunit module that I would be able to fit in the interim. Its good to hear other people getting the ECU flashing done tho because that is where the safer performance gains are to be had.