Electrical Wiring Diagram for 2007 Outback Expanda Please

bloubeetle

Oct 18, 2021
Melbourne
Hi, i'm new on the forum and apologize in advance if the information i'm looking for can be found elsewhere in the threads. We bought a 2007 Outback a few months back and i can't seem to get my head around the way the 12V wiring on the van. I only have a 7 pin plug but the van came fitted with a battery so:

1. Can someone please tell me how the battery is supposed to get charged while driving? I have no anderson plug fitted.
2. Can someone please point me to a site where i can download the owners manual or a wiring diagram? The Jayco site only hold the later models.

Thanks in advance.

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
usually, pin 2 of the 7 pin socket on the towbar is used to power the reversing lights. However, on Jaycos, which don't have reversing lights, this pin is hijacked and used to provide 12V from the vehicle.
So, you need to modify your vehicle wiring to provide 12V on pin 2 on the socket.
Now, on the van side, pin 2 is connected to the AUX input of the Setec power supply / battery charger. which then charges the battery.

I have attached the wiring information for the 12 pin plug as supplied by Jayco.

You would be advised to also download the manual for your Setec unit. There are three versions: ST25, ST25 Series II, or ST25 Series III. Make sure you download the correct version.

Now, you won't get all that much charge from the vehicle. Firstly, because there is a protection diode in the Setec that drops 0.7V from the AUX input. Secondly, modern cars often have smart alternators that , for efficiency, reduce the alternator voltage compared to the older 'normal' alternators..

Do a searches here for 12 pin plug, Setec, and smart alternator. This has been actively discussed many times in this forum.

take care
Mike

Attachments

• JAY-12PIN-FI-Jayco-Tow-Vehicle-Requirements-Issue-3.pdf
    525.9 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
Reactions: Boots in Action