Who carries a Geni & what Type ?

Doggy

Aug 20, 2011
Cairns , NTH QLD
Hey all , just curious to know what you all carry for remote or free camping in regards to a geni.
We are in the market & have the 18.57.8 with two 100 amp Batteries & the roof A/C.
We would run the fridge on gas when remote , but are looking at a Honda Eu20i.
What do others have ?
Cheers,
Doggy.

NissPat

Jul 30, 2011
ACT
I have a 3.5kva we purchased on eBay for $400. 2x 15a sockets + 12v socket.
Have had it now for 12months and can't fault it yet, starts first go and runs the whole van + extras no problems.
Maybe a fraction louder then the Honda or the Yamaha but hey for $400 I'm happy and can buy 5 of them for the overpriced name brands.

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
We have the Honda eu20i, will now need to use it less with the panels on the roof at one stage over Christmas for the first test we were getting 13amps.

The genny will only run one high wattage appliance at a time, like you can't run the A/C and hws at the same time but you can run the fridge, fridge in the car an a couple of battery chargers with out any problems and it's not flat out.

With the heating we carry a small blow heater that has two settings and on low it uses around 900w where as the Heron 2.2 uses 1500w and makes the genny scream.

Fuel wise we can get around 10+hours with just battery charging, 4.5hours with the A/C not cycling and overnight with A/C (no one near us when we have done this) 6-7 hours run time.

Christian

bully66672

Jun 30, 2011
Melbourne
3.5 kva purchased off eBay for a couple of hundred bucks. I had a Yamaha, good gen but expensive.
I have had my new gen for nearly 2 years and can't fault it. Great value.
If i had to buy another I would get another off eBay.
The unit I purchased is not remote start, but the remote start models work very well.
A few mates have the same unit and are very happy.
Spend the money you save on beer.

Doggy

Aug 20, 2011
Cairns , NTH QLD
What is the price of the remote control unit option. Would love to be laying in bed & remotely turn the geni off when mummy says goodnight !!!!!