Exterior White Aluminium flat profile on outback sides

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Appreciate if anyone can give me the size of the white profile.that is above the propeller plate or even better still where you can buy it . I've looked at action aluminium, but they only seem to have 30mm wide for the infill strip ..the outback looks smaller from the pics I've looked at.
Thanks

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
What model outback is it most are fibreglass above the chequer plate these days, bit you could try ringing Jayco and asking, if Camec supply a lot of manufacturers with the paneling you can also try Coast to Coast RV.

Last edited:

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Thnx bushman it's a 2009 just want details of aluminum white strip that runs along top of propeller plate to finish it off, if anybody has got details appreciated.size etc

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Now I know what you mean, just go to a caravan repair shop if they don't have it, should be able to put you onto it but expect to pay top dollar, went looking for some alloy extrusion for my old 14 and it was made by elves on quadriple time using diamond and gold tools I think, needless to say I didn't and found something nearly similar a mm or 2 difference.

Reactions: dagree

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Action aluminium provide the jayco j profile for the edge and have a flat profile..However the flat is 30mm wide...which I think is wider than the original...Last resort will go to Sunshine coast Caravan repairs.
Thanks for your input...do you know what width the Jayco strip is?.
Just got some genuine 15 inch star billet wheels from RV express at a great price.

Reactions: Drover

rags

image.jpg
image.jpg
Dingo the strip measures about 24mm wide, it is dimensionly similar to the vertical corner peice that covers the side wall and rear fibreglass panel, however does not have the return leg like the corner mould.
The strip has approx 8mm top edge plus rolled edge of 3mm (11mm total) with the under side edge shorter.

Reactions: warren cook

Dingo193

Feb 17, 2017
On the road
Thanks for the info, so does the alum strip sit on top of plate couldnt quite tell. spent all long week end on the baby...new bayonet fitting, panel on roof ,not glued yet..all wiring is in some not terminated..so thats this week end. One question I just realised I had no mud flaps...Im obviously observant...do they just put them behing the galv channel and screw them on...wasnt sure they would sit right with the lip of the channel.
Thanks

rags

Dingo the channel strip sits over the aluminium plate, the strip has a smaller return on the bottom edge than the top. And yes the mudflaps hang off the galv section piece that runs from chassis to edge.
This advise is given from the comfort of the lounge without inspection of the van and relies on memory which can be problematic at times.

Reactions: Drover