Where to go for September

borstalboy

Apr 17, 2012
Northern Subs SA
Ok heres the problem we have arranged for September off form work. We are looking at spending all of it on the road.

I was first thinking about doing the following trip but after looking at weather conditions for September I am now not so sure.
Broken Hill, Dubbo, Sydney, Canberra then follow the coast down to Phillip Island. Then upto Melbourne and the Great Ocean road but to home in Adelaide.

I am starting to think it might be better to a trip to Cairns instead.

How far would you travel in a month

I am open to suggestions please help.

randl007

Oct 27, 2011
Queensland
We drove from Brisbane to Adelaide at that time last year we took 3 weeks all up Spending a week in Adelaide. Broken hill is fantastic and we struggled to fit everything in in a weekend. we also did the Birsdsville track and then back to Brisbane. It all probably boils down to how long you want to drive each day. You could make it to Brissie in 3- 4 days easily. then another 4 to Cairns. Potentially giving you a few days in cairns. The other option depending on what you want to do is take a left at Rockhampton and go to places like Winton etc to see the dinosaur stampede. Then some of the outback and back down to SA.
You could do a Drive up from broken hill to Mount Isa over to Katherine and back down through Alice. Lots of driving but possible. just a couple of trips I'd like to do in the future

Big Gee

Apr 8, 2011
The ACT
We try to limit road travel to no more than 4 hours per day, that said I have been known to travel for longer and spend 2 x 10 hour days to get home. It all depends on the kiddies for us but, if they are traveling well we will usually try to push on a bit further!

Enjoy your trip

borstalboy

Apr 17, 2012
Northern Subs SA
Well We took a vote and included the Kids in the vote so it looks like the Gold Coast. Now I just have to make the trip up and back interesting and I dont want to rush.