14' Series What's this?

egomoi

Aug 7, 2014
Found this in bottom of storage below the Heron aircon (and TV). Even though it has an unlock key, it cannot actually be slid all the way out due to the cabinet depth.
upload_2014-10-10_14-24-9.jpeg

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Ours is VERY SAFE also..... opens and removes OK but the base is screwed in with metal threads and the screws go through the floor with the nuts screwed on from underneath the van :o

Edit: That should read "used to be" ...... Problem solvered now :)

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Found this in bottom of storage below the Heron aircon (and TV). Even though it has an unlock key, it cannot actually be slid all the way out due to the cabinet depth.
View attachment 27162
We also had one in our 14.44-5 but ended up removing it, not easy, as it wasn't really big enough to store anything we would wan to secure eg iPads, Phones. Also blocked the bottom cupboard so that nothing else of a useful size could be put in that cupboard. We do have it tucked away in a secret corner, v hard to get too but still,haven't found a real use for it.
Had to crawl under the van with wife inside to undo the bolts that secured it to the floor.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
I saw ours during hand over but haven't checked it out yet. Might have a look on the weekend if I remember.

egomoi

Aug 7, 2014
We also had one in our 14.44-5 but ended up removing it, not easy, as it wasn't really big enough to store anything we would wan to secure eg iPads, Phones. Also blocked the bottom cupboard so that nothing else of a useful size could be put in that cupboard. We do have it tucked away in a secret corner, v hard to get too but still,haven't found a real use for it.
Had to crawl under the van with wife inside to undo the bolts that secured it to the floor.
That's a good idea. It is a real waste of space. At the moment it is a safe safe, foolproof from even the fool owner.

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Ours is VERY SAFE also..... opens and removes OK but the base is screwed in with metal threads and the screws go through the floor with the nuts screwed on from underneath the van :o

Edit: That should read "used to be" ...... Problem solvered now :)
Yep, me too, wife inside with a Philips head driver and me under the van with a small socket spanner. Eventually came out. Can now use the bottom cupboard, safe in a very safe place, tucked away in a hard to bet at corner. Never used as yet!

skippy

Jun 21, 2010
Butler/Perth WA
Our safe is in the safest spot in the shed gathering dust next to the other ones that we have collect from previous vans. I was thinking of putting all three on gumtree lol :chuncky:

Reactions: dagree