What's a good Radio/Cd/Aux player ?

Paul Costa

Apr 15, 2012
Melbourne
Hello everyone. Just wondering if anyone has found a radio with all of the following functions.

DAB - Digital Radio
Auxiliary/ Ipod imput
CD player
Mp3 player
USB

Some of us have quite a few Apple items, which would be great to listen to if possible. DAB because the sound is so much better.CD player for those older cds that we have been collecting for decades, but not yet had the time to transfer to mp3s. And USB for the sticks that are now so useful to store endless amounts of music for the kids.

I have seen IPOD only stereos, and DAB portable radios but haven't seen anything with all of the above.
Let me know if you know of any models.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
This radio that Kogan sells has a few of the functions.

http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/kogan-wi-fi-digital-radio-dab-iphone-docking-delux/

There may be a car stereo that has everything you require. I don't take cd's away anymore as they get trashed by the kids. I still buy cd's but I just put my music in my iphone these days. I dont know if you have kids, but an xbox, wii or ps might be an option as they can double up as a cd/dvd player and if it raining you can play games.

Geoff

Paul Costa

Apr 15, 2012
Melbourne
This radio that Kogan sells has a few of the functions.

http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/kogan-wi-fi-digital-radio-dab-iphone-docking-delux/

There may be a car stereo that has everything you require. I don't take cd's away anymore as they get trashed by the kids. I still buy cd's but I just put my music in my iphone these days. I dont know if you have kids, but an xbox, wii or ps might be an option as they can double up as a cd/dvd player and if it raining you can play games.

Geoff

Thanks Mac,

The radio does look great. I really like the wifi internet function which would come handy at caravan parks... but i was looking more at a car type unit, such as the one offered in the Panda's.I love my sound, and am just curious at how much i could improve the audio setup in the van. I still think i may get the one you have mentioned to replace my alarm in the bedroom. Waking up to different sounds from all over the world appeals to me. Thanks mate.

Paul Costa

Apr 15, 2012
Melbourne
The Wifi, Playstation idea sounds good too, but that is exactly what we are trying to avoid by buying our pandas. My 10 yr old soccer mad boy needs less computers and more outdoors, as i'm sure its the main reason for most of us here. I'll be sure to give you a yell next time i go cruising around Safety Beach.

gavin.davis59

Mar 21, 2011
Naracoorte.SA
We have the PHILLIPS DAB radio in ours.It also has FM,clock,alarm.mp3 input and ipod,ipad,iphone input/charger,no USB.We mainly use it for FM and music and plug our Kogan TV into it via the headphone jack,this improves the TV sound and volume quality dramatically.It is not built in though.I paid $189 at Harvey Norman and it sounds amazing.It also has a remote.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
The Wifi, Playstation idea sounds good too, but that is exactly what we are trying to avoid by buying our pandas. My 10 yr old soccer mad boy needs less computers and more outdoors, as i'm sure its the main reason for most of us here. I'll be sure to give you a yell next time i go cruising around Safety Beach.

I agree Paul. The xbox in our main TV room has never been used for games, just all the other stuff it does. In the summer I will be out in the Hobie kayak catching dinner. Wont have time for any TV.

Paul Costa

Apr 15, 2012
Melbourne
I'm with you Macca. Gavin, thanks for the input mate. I will search that system right now. It would be good to have a mountable system for the van, but when not available we improvise. Thanks again mate.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Hi Paul
I've just installed one of these http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=MEXDV1700U into our Expanda no digital radio but is Satellite radio ready (Whatever that means) very happy with it so far it's also a DVD player which I have connected to the TV and also connected the Audio out from the TV back to the unit so when the Dish is hooked up I can play the Radio Stations available through it
Cheers Grant

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
It comes down to budget (like everything else). I think DAB has only just started coming out on car radios overseas in the last couple of months. Has anything arrived here yet? If available, it will have a hefty price tag. Likewise any with a 'good' ipos connection. There are plenty advertising ipod/iphone connection, but there are stuff all controls, or won't let the actual pod control it. Again, something with decent connection is pricey.

If I was going down that track, wanted a good system in the van for good audio, I'd look at a higher quality mini/midi system in a cupboard with a IR remote extension, maybe even a 5.1 home theatre system (with or without the tv). My Pioneer at home has everything except the DAB, but there are one out there with it. Just make sure it is secure in travel obviously and in as must dust free as possible.

salsimo

Mar 14, 2011
Vic sthest Melbourne
Jvc do a car radio for about $130 which has blue tooth which sync with your i phone and the just play wireless from I phone your play list ,my brother has it in his van very easy to connect with I phone ,can get you model number if needed