What type of TV arial?

Batz

Oct 4, 2013
Noosa Hinterlands
After a couple of trips we need to get a small telly for the Expanda, I see so many different aerials. What are considered good? I thinking small and light of course.

jvp

Apr 9, 2013
Yorke Peninsula Copper coast SA
Mine is the same as Flanders. Used supplied cable & wall connections supplied with kit. Works fine. Same van as yours. Great van. Even fits under bottom rear storage compartment near rear bed.
Hope this helps.
jvp

Batz

Oct 4, 2013
Noosa Hinterlands
Mine is the same as Flanders. Used supplied cable & wall connections supplied with kit. Works fine. Same van as yours. Great van. Even fits under bottom rear storage compartment near rear bed.
Hope this helps.
jvp

Thanks jvp, does it fit to the side of the van? Looks the goods.

Last edited:

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Howdy we use to use a Digitech in our old van never had a problem with getting digital tv but now its just sitting in the shed in its box as we put a wind up on new van

Adam G

Jul 28, 2013
We've got one of those wind up wineguard snowflake antennas, I'm very happy with it and being a wind up means it takes only seconds to deploy.

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
I've got one of those space age "Saturn Omni" aerials.

Seem to do the job quite well.

photo-49.JPG

photo-49.JPG

Batz

Oct 4, 2013
Noosa Hinterlands
I've seen a lot of those space age type aerials, they look nice and compact to me. I think I'll look into one of those.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
Pleasure mate!

This aerial came with the van when I bought it. I didn't really know much about it.

I was showing my mate one day a while back, and he told me that they're "the ants pants", which I hope meant really good!

He said that these particular "omni aerials" don't need to face any particular direction to get reception unlike most other brands.

Not sure if it's mind over matter but I swivel it around a little and think I get a better picture when I tinker a bit.

Might just be my mind playing tricks. He laughed at me when I told him that!

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi,
We have the WINEGAURD wind up snowflake antenna and it works great. Sets up very easy and easy to tune. You have to make sure your connections are good.
Cheers
Nick

blacky

Sep 17, 2013
Townsville QLD
I'm sitting here at the Big4 park in dubbo, and you think I can get a clear picture???? Hell no. Wind up winegard and yeah the little button is pressed in that powers up the digital booster.. can anyone tell me which way they should face?