What mirrors

Expandaman

May 24, 2013
Dalby - QLD
Go for a set of clearview mirrors , they are expensive but so practible and easy ....
You just about have to mortgage the house @ $750 a pair plus fitting. No thanks. Show ponies can have them. They are also a bit of an issue getting into tight parking spots as they are permanently on there.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Saw a 200 in lightening ridge with the brunsguard mirror never got a chance to ask him but looked good because they were small and ligth. I'm over the Ora's they just fold back, Even with black tape under the mirror. Finally got the drivers to stay by moving the post in to contact the snorkel. That stopped it from going anywhere.

To the people who have no issues with there mirrors can I ask what speed you tow up to? Maybe Iam being optermistic expending anything to stay out north of 110 kph?

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Hi Jim, i've had my oro's at 120km/hr for extended periods in the NT, no problem

on our recent trip to the NT we did 8000km with not a single adjustment after leaving Brisbane. Just a few checks that things were tight.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Saw a 200 in lightening ridge with the brunsguard mirror never got a chance to ask him but looked good because they were small and ligth. I'm over the Ora's they just fold back, Even with black tape under the mirror. Finally got the drivers to stay by moving the post in to contact the snorkel. That stopped it from going anywhere.

To the people who have no issues with there mirrors can I ask what speed you tow up to? Maybe Iam being optermistic expending anything to stay out north of 110 kph?

Hi Jim

I tow at around 105K on cruise, I just had the glass replaced with normal glass as the convex didn't suit my pr!ck of a drive way. With the convex glass there was no noticable movement but with the normal glass they do vibrarte a little due to the size of the image. I hope thios helps

cheers
Dave

reir

Jul 20, 2013
I have an nw pajero and want some advice on what towing mirrors to get. I currently have Ora mirrors and they are sh*thouse.

Was thinking about getting the camec truck mirrors. Anybody got any other suggestions, I'm not interested in the clear views either.

cheers

andrew
Yep brunsgaard for us. We have a new pajero, didn't want it scratched with suction caps and straps. Went to caravan show in Melbourne, reviewed many mirrors. Decided to go with Brunsgaard, place duct tape around the join where mirror pajero mirror folds. Problem solved with folding mirror. This doesn't mark the paint work and tow mirrors are easy to fit. We did trim the length of the bar witch holds the tow mirror. The tow mirror is mounted in the middle of it onto the support bar which eliminates most of the vibration..

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks Guys. I must admit the Ora didnt move once the snorkel held it. But also the strap and clamp didnt really fit the LC mirror either and I could see this being an issue later as well. I really like those Brunsguard mirrors but think I will try some of the strap on type first as I have a few sets.

BTW at lightning ridge I saw an old guy with a set of those mirror bars right across the bonnet on a late Prado .

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
You just about have to mortgage the house @ $750 a pair plus fitting. No thanks. Show ponies can have them. They are also a bit of an issue getting into tight parking spots as they are permanently on there.

$750 + fitting Bloody rip off :o I know these things are expensive but thats just plain rude.
my mate got his for just under $600 but fitted himself in a van park while on a trip as he lost a mirror.

When he gets home and if not tripping for a while he just takes them off again, as he said they're a bit tight for his carport and a bloody pain in suburbia traffic

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
$750 + fitting Bloody rip off :o I know these things are expensive but thats just plain rude.

my mate got his for just under $600 but fitted himself in a van park while on a trip as he lost a mirror.

When he gets home and if not tripping for a while he just takes them off again, as he said they're a bit tight for his carport and a bloody pain in suburbia traffic

yes I agree they are on the Expensive side, but have you priced a replacement OEM mirror? - Toyota wanted $399.00 each for my 100 series. Nissan were not that far behind for the GU mirrors either.

and neither of my 4wds are "Show Ponies" - trust me.....

I just hate having crappy mirrors scratching the paint on my doors, falling off when driving, vibrating so much they give you a head ache looking at them, scoring the glass as they are so tight to stop vibration, they damage elsewhere
I find them soo much better for driving when the van is not on either, as when reversing into car bays at the shops, you can actually see the white lines..... which is always a help......

horses for courses really.

me...???? best money I have spent for towing,

cheers

Reactions: GCMASOS and blacky

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
If I was towing all the time I would fit a set Of clear views but I could see it being a pain the other times.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
I was using the Aussie Truck style, possibly the Camec ones. Not happy about how they deform the window seal and would squeal against the window when putting it up or down. I had these on my Prado, but now I have the LC200, will probably give the Brunsgaard ones a bash. Anyone know where to get them at a good price?

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I was using the Aussie Truck style, possibly the Camec ones. Not happy about how they deform the window seal and would squeal against the window when putting it up or down. I had these on my Prado, but now I have the LC200, will probably give the Brunsgaard ones a bash. Anyone know where to get them at a good price?

www.brunsgaard.com.au I think or just google Brunsgaard the are in WA

AdJo

May 13, 2013
We bought the exact same mirrors as cruza's picture in2010 for our Flamingo and have no problems at all with fixing them on.

wayne

May 21, 2013
orange nsw hate the place
have had and tried ora mirrors the worst ones yet than the truck mirrors and another brand, but the best ones are the clear view if you tow a van spend the money I did not want too but bit the bullet could not be happer,

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Yes. I have the Aero 2. I'm happy with them. Minimal vibration and they are a well made product.
Here's some pics on the Grand Cherokee.
20131124_163437.jpg 20131124_163451.jpg 20131124_163715.jpg

Reactions: S&P

greggels

Aug 2, 2012
Sunshine Coast
yes I agree they are on the Expensive side, but have you priced a replacement OEM mirror? - Toyota wanted $399.00 each for my 100 series. Nissan were not that far behind for the GU mirrors either.

I just hate having crappy mirrors scratching the paint on my doors, falling off when driving, vibrating so much they give you a head ache looking at them, scoring the glass as they are so tight to stop vibration, they damage elsewhere
I find them soo much better for driving when the van is not on either, as when reversing into car bays at the shops, you can actually see the white lines..... which is always a help......

cheers

I agree with you bigcol, I thought clearview were way too expensive, but I found a set on ebay for $450 so my wife bought them for me, previously I have had cheap shlt things binned them, and then tried ora, they kept folding in when a truck went past, so thought I would try truck mirrors, they were ok but do rub on the glass if not careful, the straps vibrate and rattle especially when they get wet and stretch, best mirrors I have had are the clearview by a long way, wouldn't have anything else now!

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au

GCMASOS

Nov 10, 2013

cheers

Not about show ponies...practicality. ..if you tow a rig like mine...I'm going to get some. ...saw them on a new 200 and he has been around aus with them and wouldn't have it any other way.

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
We now have a set of brunsgaard mirrors. Was over the straps and also the bits of those mirrors that go down into the window. Didn't want to damage our new Pajero with those.
Once they are setup, taking them on and off is easy, quick and no re-setting up of the mirrors. Love them to bits!