What mirrors

Andrewm02

Feb 25, 2013
Bungendore
I have an nw pajero and want some advice on what towing mirrors to get. I currently have Ora mirrors and they are sh*thouse.

Was thinking about getting the camec truck mirrors. Anybody got any other suggestions, I'm not interested in the clear views either.

cheers

andrew

Sterlo1

Aug 27, 2012
Narellan Vale, NSW
Andrew, What support arms do you have ?
On our NT Pajero, I tried the suction cup arms with no success and recently purchased a magnetic support arm.
I tried the Camec Truck Mirrors on my current vehicle but were unsuccessful as they are very hard to fit the bracket between the rubber and the glass ( I even scratched some of the tinting off). On the LC there is no option of putting the bracket between the door and the rubber. I went back to the ORA after that.
Cheers Paul.

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
I have an nw pajero and want some advice on what towing mirrors to get. I currently have Ora mirrors and they are sh*thouse.

Was thinking about getting the camec truck mirrors. Anybody got any other suggestions, I'm not interested in the clear views either.

cheers

andrew

hi Andrew,
we have the red oro's with the support arm and they have been good, no problem at all. We have done around 7000km past road trains and the likes and not a single issue. Not sure which oro's you have?
image.jpg

we are sitting in Uluru at the moment and after around 3500km haven't adjusted since leaving Brisbane, only check everything is still tight every couple days. Maybe the shape of your mirrors may be an issue for the oro's compared to our use on the Prado, not sure. But I had heard getting mirrors for the 150 series Prado was an issue and this was what was recommended for us

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
The problem with the Paj mirrors is that they start of only needing a little force to fold them back and they weaken from there. I tried aussie truck and didn't like the way they deform rubber and you need special wide n bottom straps that still stress the plastic. When they get wet he straps weaken. Then tried Ora with the magnetic base. The base doesn't conform exactly to body and let's dust in and you get scratches, bearable n a silver car would be catastrophic on dark car.

never tried clear view because I needed flower folding mirrors and I didn't want my car nick named after a dopy politician.

i just used the Ora's with out the second arm and used to push it out after the odd truck! I was going to make a bunny cord up that went from the mirror to the bullbar but never did. I saw this n a 200 some time ago and the guy said it was faultless so that's my next setup.

i also run a reverse cam on the van and this had made the requirement for mirrors far less, I still put them on to Comply (some times) but don't rely on them as much.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Btw the ORA stuff is not UV stablished. I left mine on the page for a good 3-4 weeks and the bloody things faded considerably.

ROnEM

Mar 13, 2012
Macedon Ranges, Vic
achjimmy,

On the Land Cruiser 200, I had "folding" mirror syndrome. Had the car mirror fold on one trip due to a passing truck and the tow mirror came off and went under the B-Double behind us - nothing left >:(

Problem fixed with the application of some black duct tape at the base of the car's mirror prior to any trip. No problems since then :)

Reactions: achjimmy

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I've got the Aussie Truck mirrors (not the camec version) used them on my Pathie now the Paj,you need the wider bottom clip or so I was told. For the life of me I couldn't get the bottom clip to fit under the bottom of the door the way its meant to and close the door, so i clip them to the plastic moulding and no problem other than if the straps get wet either rain or dew they go slack and need re-tentioning,

I have been thinking of changing to the ORA Torino mirror. Heads are a bit smaller than the Aussie Trucks and fit in a similar way though I think they can be fold flat against the door when not in use

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I reckon if you can get them on the Aussie truck are the best, but they did my head in.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I use one from SCA, it uses the strap and hooks under door. The NT Paj also has another track in the door separate to the window so no chance of scratching......no complaints!

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I use one from SCA, it uses the strap and hooks under door. The NT Paj also has another track in the door separate to the window so no chance of scratching......no complaints!

I noticed that seconds track also, smaller rubber flap is just enough to seperate the mirror bracket from the glass

Andrewm02

Feb 25, 2013
Bungendore
Hey everyone, thanks for the feedback

the Ora's we have are the red backed ones with the suction arms, and they don't cut the mustard as far as I'm concerned, on a trip back From newcastle they were continually folding in on themselves on the freeway.

I think I will try the Aussie truck mirrors out, do they vibrate much as that is one thing that annoys me about the Ora's?

cheers Andrew

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle

the Ora's we have are the red backed ones with the suction arms, and they don't cut the mustard as far as I'm concerned, on a trip back From newcastle they were continually folding in on themselves on the freeway.

I think I will try the Aussie truck mirrors out, do they vibrate much as that is one thing that annoys me about the Ora's?

cheers Andrew

I read a tip about that not long ago......sheepskin seat belt covers, can't remember who it was but great idea!

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
I use these mirrors $35 each at the time and don't touch the doors. I bought them in 07 and they have maybe done in excess of 40k. Yes they do vibrate a bit but that doesn't bother me. They have never blown off etc.
027.jpg

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Good to hear. Cruza. I bought some like that n the US earlier in the year. I don't need them but at 50% off the normal RRP of USD$12 I couldnt help myself. Yet to try.

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
I reckon if you can get them on the Aussie truck are the best, but they did my head in.

the only problem with the aussie truck mirrors i found was if you lost the grub screws that tighten the mirror shaft your stuffed , hence the reason i bit the bullet and went to the clearview which take place of the origional mirror and all you do is slide them in and out EASY !!!

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW

cheers Andrew

No, there is minimal vibration if any at all, just ensure the head bolt and screw are tight once you get the positon set.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Hi All

I tried 3 types before finally buying the Brunsguaard mirrors, then replaced the glass with flat glass and I am thrilled to bits with them!! I have an extremely steep drive with only mm's to negotiate, after 3 goes the tranny in the Jeep over heats and the warning light comes on and that is why i am so anal with the mirrors. But the mirrors cost $220 delivered and then $50 for the flat glass so they would want to work.

cheers
Dave

Reactions: JASA