17' Series What BBQ do you use??

Dede

Mar 12, 2014
Bellarine
Aldi brand gas bbq. Portable, with legs and lid. Used over Christmas 2 weeks no power, cooked pizzas, bacon and eggs, even toast. Added the Aldi Tepenyaki plate and it worked a treat. We figured we would buy a Weber Baby Q if it didn't work and toss it, but no complaints here. Just make sure you preheat with the lid on.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Think I own or did every conceivable cooking device ever made, primas, Ubute, Coleman, gasmate, weber! Honed it down now. We Carry the babyq and hilly billy camp oven in the front with a single burner butane cooker in the crusier.

Dandy

Jan 18, 2014
Another weber q100 with us. We bought it a couple of years ago and have done roasts to brekkies. We did a bit of research and would recommend that you get the one with the temp gauge because it has the high lid. The bunnings ones are grey imports and don't have the same capacity. We have added all the bits and pieces, hot plate, trivet, pizza stone, led light for lid, cover, trolley and bayonet fitting (and probably some other bits I have forgotten). There a several threads on here for webers. Ours lives on the folded trolley under the table in transit.

michelle menzel

May 21, 2014
Nhill
We have the Baby Q, carried in the back of the truck. As we don't have a bayonet fitting we have to carry a gas bottle in the the van boot so it becomes a process to set up so more often than not we just use the single burner butane with a frying pan.

As for carrying stuff around that doesn't get used, we took our folding bikes when we did 3 months around WA. I hope they enjoyed the trip because they never left the back of the truck. :frusty:

Funny that, our 2 kayaks never left the roof of our car either!

KevO

Aug 12, 2013
Cobar NSW
Another vote for the ziggy here, love it! Had a neo buddy which was nice and light but couldn't cook a decent steak on it. For the moment it lives under the dinning table, (very tight squeeze through the door) but trying to get a toolbox for the front.