17' Series What BBQ do you use??

michelle menzel

May 21, 2014
Nhill
When we bought our van l went to BBQ's Galore with the intention to purchase a Weber Q. I came out with a Zeigler &Brown which is similar but a nicer colour. We made room for this in the front toolbox we fitted and carted it from Wentworth to Bourke along 700 odd kms of dirt road and didn't use it once! We did, however, use our U-Bute barby all the time...
Just wondering what everyone else carts around with them and where it's stored?

Cheers

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Ah yes... Had a webber Q prior to the van, I don't think we have used it once with the basestation. Have a 2 burner cooker that we use all the time and camp ovens for other stuff. But have just bought a 500x500 BBQ from BCF that will be on a slider out of the front hatch that will have room for the webber behind :( . But I will convince her that we won't need the webber, I'm sure of it!!!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Got a weber Q early last year when away on a trip and use it all the time now. Roasts, BBQ's, pizza's, Baked Fish, breakfast and the list goes on!!!!! Main reason I fitted the ali box to the drawbar was for storing it ;)

Microwave and hotplates only get used for boiling vegies or a kettle when unpowered.

Loved the weber so much we ditched the big home BBQ when we got backand bought a larger model for under the patio.

Patons

Jun 10, 2014
Hervey Bay QLD
We bought a Ziggy for the van. Use it for breakfast lunch and dinner cooking when away. Everything from steaks to roasts and pizza etc

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
We use a Weber Q220 at home. Should have got the Family Q for when at home.
Looking at a Baby Q to take with us, but need to be sure will be used.

BJ

The Goodwins

Jan 29, 2014
Wellington Point
www.facebook.com
Got a weber Q early last year when away on a trip and use it all the time now. Roasts, BBQ's, pizza's, Baked Fish, breakfast and the list goes on!!!!! Main reason I fitted the ali box to the drawbar was for storing it ;)

Microwave and hotplates only get used for boiling vegies or a kettle when unpowered.

Loved the weber so much we ditched the big home BBQ when we got backand bought a larger model for under the patio.

will be doing the same at home @dagree as soon as I come up with a cunning plan to dispose of the old BBQ

Reactions: dagree

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
When we bought our van l went to BBQ's Galore with the intention to purchase a Weber Q. I came out with a Zeigler &Brown which is similar but a nicer colour. We made room for this in the front toolbox we fitted and carted it from Wentworth to Bourke along 700 odd kms of dirt road and didn't use it once! We did, however, use our U-Bute barby all the time...
Just wondering what everyone else carts around with them and where it's stored?

Cheers
We bought a Webber Baby Q and use it regularly at home, permanently set up in the laundry by the back door so in 2 mins it's fired up and ready for BBQ, roasts etc, etc
We brought it with us on our current half circuit of Oz because we did not want to cook inside if we could help it, smell of BBQ is a bit pervasive and the smoke alarm.....
Used it nearly every day and cooked a full roast two days ago, perfect.
Store it in the tub of my BT50, easy set up and connects with an extension to the van gas external outlet.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
We started out like @macca with the Q100 which wasn't quite big enough for a family of 4 now have the WeberQ220 which comes with us everywhere, gets used for 99% of meals when we are away unless its just an overnight stop where we tend to have something prepared that we can just heat up on the stove top, like @dagree said we too love our Weber so much we bought a family Q for under the patio at home.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
We have the Baby Q, carried in the back of the truck. As we don't have a bayonet fitting we have to carry a gas bottle in the the van boot so it becomes a process to set up so more often than not we just use the single burner butane with a frying pan.

As for carrying stuff around that doesn't get used, we took our folding bikes when we did 3 months around WA. I hope they enjoyed the trip because they never left the back of the truck. :frusty:

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Same as Dagree, we have a Baby Q we use at home and in the van whenever we cook meat, we just gave our 5 burner stainless steel jobby away and when our new house is finished we will buy a family Q, wish I had discovered them years ago.

Reactions: dagree

Patto

Jul 14, 2013
Perth
We have a Baby Q, and also an electric frypan we plug into the external power point.
We don't have the external gas bayonet, so I have to take one of the gas bottles off the front of the van each time we want to use, which is a bit of a pain.

fishinglizard

Nov 4, 2012
West of Sydney East of Lithgow
We have the Baby Q, carried in the back of the truck. As we don't have a bayonet fitting we have to carry a gas bottle in the the van boot so it becomes a process to set up so more often than not we just use the single burner butane with a frying pan.

As for carrying stuff around that doesn't get used, we took our folding bikes when we did 3 months around WA. I hope they enjoyed the trip because they never left the back of the truck. :frusty:

I just took my fold up bikes to NT and all over SA for five weeks. I think they like it by the beach because they didnt come out either.