17' Series Western Loop from Vic

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
Hi all,

The wife and I with our three lads (7, 9 & 11) are off to do the Western loop from Victoria in July 2012.

14 weeks (3 months+) leaving 1st July in the new 17.56.1. :madgrin:

Melbourne - Big Rock - Alice - Darwin & surrounds - Broome - Perth - Margaret River - SA - Home 'ish.

If anyone has a 'dot point' itinerary with a break down of days stayed & where stayed or a blog they can link me to that would be awesome. :p

Why re-invent the wheel I say!!

Thnx in advance.

Izzy

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Izzy, we did some of what you are planning last year, but in reverse order, doing the east coast to Cape York and the across to Broome and home via the centre, in a similar timeframe.
We spent 5 nights in Alice, 2 nights at Kings Canyon, 2 nights at Uluru, 3 nights in Coober Pedy and then single nights at Wilmington, Robinvale, Echuca and then home.

On our first arrival into Katherine from the east we headed north and spent 6 nights in Kakadu, followed by 4 in Darwin, 4 in Litchfield and the single nights across to Kunnunnurra, we had 3 nights there

I guess it all depends on which way you plan to head west once you cross into WA, blacktop or not.
Going to Broome was via the Gibb River road and then we had 11 nights in the Kimberley.
Then 4 nights in Broome followed by 6 nights in the Dampier Peninsula at Middle Lagoon before another 5 nights in Broome.
We came across from Broome via the Great Northern Highway spending 3 nights across getting back to Katherine.

From there though someone else may be able to help.

Cheers,
Matt

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
Izzy, we did some of what you are planning last year, but in reverse order, doing the east coast to Cape York and the across to Broome and home via the centre, in a similar timeframe.
We spent 5 nights in Alice, 2 nights at Kings Canyon, 2 nights at Uluru, 3 nights in Coober Pedy and then single nights at Wilmington, Robinvale, Echuca and then home.

On our first arrival into Katherine from the east we headed north and spent 6 nights in Kakadu, followed by 4 in Darwin, 4 in Litchfield and the single nights across to Kunnunnurra, we had 3 nights there

I guess it all depends on which way you plan to head west once you cross into WA, blacktop or not.
Going to Broome was via the Gibb River road and then we had 11 nights in the Kimberley.
Then 4 nights in Broome followed by 6 nights in the Dampier Peninsula at Middle Lagoon before another 5 nights in Broome.
We came across from Broome via the Great Northern Highway spending 3 nights across getting back to Katherine.

From there though someone else may be able to help.

Cheers,
Matt

Thanks Matt. Is there anyone else who has done this trip?? Surely more forum users have been from Melb - Darwin - Broome - Perth - Vic??

Anyone??