NSW Weeroona Caravan Park

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi all, just got back from our Xmas holiday at Weeroona Caravan Park, situated on Mitchels Island in the Manning Valley.http://www.weeroona.com/
This is a great spot, large grassy sites, plenty of trees and pet friendly, you have the river on one side of the park and the beach on the other (great to drive on, about a 10km stretch).
There are 2 amenity blocks, 3 camp kitchens, a pool area and play ground.
Plenty of activities for the kids in holiday times, friendly and obliging managers. This was our 11th year there at Xmas and i think we will go again!

A few bad points...

Pool needs upgrading (too small) and a bit warm if you know what i mean, but i would prefer the beach for a dip or at any end of the beach where the river meets the ocean.
The playground is also a bit basic, could do with a jumping pillow.
Beach access has been closed to 4wd just last year so you need to drive down the main road now for access, and the beach always has bad rips.
Apart from that we still like the spot.
Picture 891.jpg Picture 894.jpg

Picture 895.jpg Picture 898.jpg
.................................................................... Clothes line worked a treat

Picture 892.jpg Picture 899.jpg

Common area........................................................The Panda at night

Picture 900.jpg Picture 902.jpg

Picture 815.jpg Picture 828.jpg

Me in the kayak.................BBQ at northern end 3km from park (the spit) Harrington in background

Picture 826.jpg Picture 857.jpg
End to a perfect day.............Fireworks New Years Night at Harrington viewed from spit end of beach

Picture 874.jpg
End to another perfect day. Southern end 7km from park (Farquhar Inlet)

Fish tally (keepers) 10 Flatties and 1 Butterfish (never seen one before but tastes a bit like lobster)

Also had some unwanted hitchhikers come home with us......sugar ants nesting in one of the front overhead cupboards, only saw a few inside when we were away and don't know how they got in, couldn't see any tracking up van and put ant sand all around wheels, dropjacks etc.....maybe out of trees?

Picture 905.jpg Picture 907.jpg

Picture 909.jpg

Overall a fantastic time, very happy with the van, the shower worked great and the rooftop Ibis handled that 42deg Tuesday (8th) no worries......now back at work looking forward to the next trip!

Cheers.

Reactions: hamish22

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Looks like you had a good time Burnsy.
As for the pool being a bit warm, have you thought of getting out when you feel the urge?
Surely they have toilets for that type of thing. :)