Starcraft Water Pump Not working

Greg246

May 12, 2019
Sydney
Hi,
we’ve just pu chased a jayco Starcraft 2013 and having issues with the water pump.

I’m not stupid (then again) I’ve moved the tank selector so the arrow is pointing down, tanks full but no water. Pump just keeps running.

It was working a week ago and don’t know what I may have done.

Is there a test to isolate the issue?

As this is my first post on a forum I hope it’s ok.
Greg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Tap arrow to point at another arrow, tap has 1 tank, 2 tanks and off positions .................................. once I had the issue I eventually I connected a tank line direct to pump line using just a normal garden irrigation joiner and it all worked, the tap was stuffed and drawing air, threw it and replaced with 2 Pope garden taps for garden irrigation about $6 for the 2 of them.............no stupid questions here but a few stupid answers so don't be shy.

Greg246

May 12, 2019
Sydney
Tap arrow to point at another arrow, tap has 1 tank, 2 tanks and off positions .................................. once I had the issue I eventually I connected a tank line direct to pump line using just a normal garden irrigation joiner and it all worked, the tap was stuffed and drawing air, threw it and replaced with 2 Pope garden taps for garden irrigation about $6 for the 2 of them.............no stupid questions here but a few stupid answers so don't be shy.
Thanks for the response, in the end I was fortunate to have a guy next to me in the caravan park and we finally worked out it was the pump failed. replaced the pump and placed an additional filter before the intake.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Always good to find out the Why ............. Should have said in your OP that the pump had stopped I think we thought it wasn't lifting , no drama keep active on here we always need extra input.....................................Funny a mate rang me a day or so later his pump had stopped but his was a fuse, just took awhile to find it as it was labelled for something else, he only found it when he pulled them all and checked......

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
Always good to find out the Why ............. Should have said in your OP that the pump had stopped I think we thought it wasn't lifting , no drama keep active on here we always need extra input.....................................Funny a mate rang me a day or so later his pump had stopped but his was a fuse, just took awhile to find it as it was labelled for something else, he only found it when he pulled them all and checked......
Jayco's wiring etc is not very tidy and often mis labelled.