Water pump noise

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
I did the maiden voyage and was happy but I think the water pump is quite noisy. Has anyone tried to quieten it? I am thinking it's because it is directly mounted to the floor and what I was thinking was putting some carpet tile between the pump and the floor. Has anyone else done similar?

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
I thought the one in my Swan camper was noisy it was screwed directly to the floor, I screwed some rubber matting under it.
haven't done it to the Expanda yet didn't think it was as bad.

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
I've found that the noise coming from our pump was not actually from the unit but the pipes themselves. Some of the clear tubing had elongated itself going around tight bends and through the cupboards, once I corrected them back to their original round shape the noise stopped.

Cheers. Ben

ah197331

Jan 23, 2012
I've found that the noise coming from our pump was not actually from the unit but the pipes themselves. Some of the clear tubing had elongated itself going around tight bends and through the cupboards, once I corrected them back to their original round shape the noise stopped.

Cheers. Ben

Also I had noted on mine that the pipes closer to the pump were contacting the timber as they pass through the cut holes. Centering them helped out a little.

Andrew