Water proof bed end

prado

Dec 2, 2012
Warrnambool, Victoria.
Had nothing better to do this weekend so tried to better my waterproof bed end fly. have used the idea off the forum of using clear plastic table cloth from bunnings. Worked ok so far but is a pain to put on with press studs and is hard to put on when cold. Love the idea of being able to see the rain out the end of the expanda so didnt wont canvas ends. So heres my new idea. One x bunnings $90 2.1 x 2.4 bistro patio blind. Removed timber mounting frame from blind. Cut blind in half. Mounted sail track on inside of hard lid. Turned blind sideways and used rope side of blind to mount in track. 2 peices joined in center with velcro. Easy as and looks good I must say. To remove unzip off hard lid. Simple little mod.:)
20131124_163016.jpg
20131124_163115.jpg

Antman

Jul 18, 2012
Brisbane
almcrae.blogspot.com.au
looks good mate. Do you know yet if the beds get hot? I was thinking of something like that but worried about it not breathing? Would be very interested to know how it goes. :)
Cheers
Ants

prado

Dec 2, 2012
Warrnambool, Victoria.
looks good mate. Do you know yet if the beds get hot? I was thinking of something like that but worried about it not breathing? Would be very interested to know how it goes. :)
Cheers
Ants
Hi Antman, never found the plastic table cloth added any heat so this shouldnt be much different. Obviously if your in the tropics it may get a bit steamy but the rest of the van is ventilated. Does keep the chill off the canvas in cold weather though. Will let you now how it goes. By the way it isnt sealed at the bottom of the bed so heat can escape there.