Water Pressure With Pump

Mick_309

May 28, 2015
Noosaville
Hoping someone can help me out. I have poor pressure and inconsistent flow under 12v pump.It is like it is not drawing water from the tanks properly. I have also noticed that when using the water with the pump it it spitting air and water out of the mains water connection next to the tank fill. Has anyone had this issue and does it relate to the brass solenoid looking thing that is at the junction of the tank feed/mains feed?

Appreciate any assistance :)

G Daddy

Dec 6, 2015
Toowoomba
sound like the non return valve, could be brass or plastic is causing the spitting out the mains. Poor pressure could be a blocked suction strainer, in the line between the tanks and the pump.

Last edited:

Vere

Oct 5, 2014
Adelaide
I use a hose connector with a couple of inches of hose which has a bolt in the end to block it. I connect this when using 12v pump to stop small amount of water leaking out mains connector.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Hoping someone can help me out. I have poor pressure and inconsistent flow under 12v pump.It is like it is not drawing water from the tanks properly. I have also noticed that when using the water with the pump it it spitting air and water out of the mains water connection next to the tank fill. Has anyone had this issue and does it relate to the brass solenoid looking thing that is at the junction of the tank feed/mains feed?

Appreciate any assistance :)
The water coming out of the inlet is the non return valve that sits inside the inlet connection.

There is a plastic spring loaded valve that can get rubbish stuck in it.

This could also result in low pressure from the pump as it's leaking out there when pumping

Reactions: KECL and Crusty181

Base23

Jan 17, 2016
Adelaide
Try to clean the one way valve in the water inlet connection if cant be cleaned you need to replace it.
Also look for air leaks at conections before pump ( pump filter, clear tube and plastic clamps) as for it to be spitting air it must be sucking air in.
If the pump seems to be cycling on and off quickly then the pressure can also be increased by turning the adjusting screw clockwise.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Spitting water out the mains inlet is as stated before the non return valve is U/S, usually located in the mains connector itself, O ring distorts most of the time, easiest solution is to just fit a new John Guest NRV in the line from the mains connector, for an emergency plug hose onto mains inlet and other end onto draw bar tap this will hold the leak.......eventually remove the mains inlet connector, dismantle, pull the plastic valve out and refit adding the Guest NRV just a bit further down the line will end the pressure woe's......always pays to carry a spare Guest NRV, straight and T joiners, they aren't expensive and save a lot of hassle..........the standard 3 way or 2 way tank valves can fail and draw air, won't leak but will suck air, easy and cheap to replace even Pope garden irrigation taps will do the job.

Reactions: Mick_309 and KECL