20' Series Water pressure limiting valve problems???

Expandaman

May 24, 2013
Dalby - QLD
We have a 20.63-1 and the water pressure limiting valve seems to drop our water pressure to the point where it just dribbles out of the external shower. Also inside, the pressure is quite low. Has anybody had this problem? Has anybody removed the limiting valve and made an external valve adaptor that can be used in high pressure areas? Is that even a good idea? Any advice guys as it is really a pain in the butt. I didn't have any problem with any of our older expandas.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I have heard of a few people needing to replace them under warranty. I have also heard of them being installed back the front!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I wouldnt remove it completely. Water pressure can vary and you dont want a burst pipe in your van

rodney

Apr 23, 2014
Filters block up causing the issue can remove and put a one way valve in is the other option

Reactions: brotys

Peakay

May 14, 2013
Ballarat
We have a 20.63-1 and the water pressure limiting valve seems to drop our water pressure to the point where it just dribbles out of the external shower. Also inside, the pressure is quite low. Has anybody had this problem? Has anybody removed the limiting valve and made an external valve adaptor that can be used in high pressure areas? Is that even a good idea? Any advice guys as it is really a pain in the butt. I didn't have any problem with any of our older expandas.
Ive got the exact same issue, I'll be keen to know how you rectify this, Ours has been like it since day 1, since this is our first van, we just assumed this was normal. When ever the shower is in use (external/internal) or we want to fill the sink quickly, we switch on the water pump and use the tank water.

where is the pressure valve located on a 20.63.1 and will a lamen know if its been installed backwards by looking at it? i.e. does it have a directional arrow?