14' Series Water pipe schematic configuration.

Ss--ss

Jun 16, 2014
Hills district, Sydney
gday I've sorted out most of what is setup in our expanda , however today I was under it following the water pipes & it confused the hell out of me.. I have dual water tanks with a 12v pump & hot water system. Does anyone have a diagram how it's all hooked up? Whether it's from the onboard tanks or from the hose hookup?

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Yes, would like to see that, have same rig and setup, 14.44-5 OB. What a spaghetti of pipe work under the van!!

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I've had 2 vans and climbed under many more. There appears to be no real methodology to me in terms of pipe length, placement, neatness etc. There is obviously a standard overall design which isnt too hard to follow once you crawl underneath.

Ss--ss

Jun 16, 2014
Hills district, Sydney
G'day , Here's a quick hose connectivity diagram I've done , mine has HWS , external shower, drawbar tap & dual water tanks.. I think most other setups would be similar. The triangles are NRVs (Non return valves) so the water doesn't go back out the way it came in. I'm not 100% where they are placed as there seems to be a lot of them when you get under the expanda,,
Jayco_water Pipes.jpg

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Pretty simple isn't it, have to add in a pressure valve at Hose Input, (mains) and you missed the temperate valve, that unit that makes hot water warm it would be located between HWS and hot outlets with a cold line running to it as well. On some vans you will find a T piece off one tank line which will run a line to a hand pump on sink, that way if you are on town mains, which is usually rubbish and your tanks are full of sweet tank water from home you can access your tank for drinking and use the mains for washing stuff alternatively if you have one tank with rain water for drinking and the other tank is with town water you can use it for washing and still get your drinking water from the other tank by hand pump, though some will put another 12v pump in.( water for coffee, beer for drinking.)
I do like what youvé done very nice layout, you wouldn't believe how simple it is by laying under your van and looking. I repositioned my water pump, a great way to work out what the hell is going on.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
My van must have been blessed by a clergyman and is now a wonderful example of divine intervention. After the blessing ceremony, the workers set about installing the plumbing of which some runs uphill ....

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thanks @Drover I was wondering what that was ! So it lets you adjust the temperature of the hot water..I saw a red knob on it to adjust..

It's the same sort of set up you get in houses, you really can't adjust the temp except down, they have a max of 52c min of 48c I think it is , which is good so little johnny doesn't burn his hand but not great for washing up or showers etc, not that bad in a van but if they retro fit in a house or do it incorrectly you have warm water for the dishwasher which means nothing gets cleaned properly or the inbuilt heater kicks in and winds up the power bill. Funnily mine at home doesn't work anymore.
All my kids never got burnt neither did I but did get a hefty kick up bum if I tried or they tried.

Note to @Crusty181, Monty Python used the "P "word last night and they didn't get into trouble............

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
This from someone who reckons they could build a space shuttle????????? Your looking at it from the wrong angle, I dunno Victorians !!!!!!

@Crusty181 I will be down in Vic around Sept, i suppose I should pack the tool box and gaffer tape an pay a visit.........lol,lol........bit of QLDer know how.......

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Note to @Crusty181, Monty Python used the "P "word last night and they didn't get into trouble............
Ive seen American Sniper. When the moderators are in their hide, controlling their breathing and watching you closely through their censor scopes, its difficult for them to see other violations .... the biggest threat gets taken out first. I think just mentioning the insistence of the "P" word can get you a red card. shhhhhhhhh

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
" gotcha, whispering now so they can't hear me, will look for a new word, a cunning plan for sure"

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
This from someone who reckons they could build a space shuttle????????? Your looking at it from the wrong angle, I dunno Victorians !!!!!!

@Crusty181 I will be down in Vic around Sept, i suppose I should pack the tool box and gaffer tape an pay a visit.........lol,lol........bit of QLDer know how.......
In the pic, I left out the puddle on the ground and the puddle inside the van, because I don't know where they're coming from

Absolutely .... we'll be here (we'll probably need silicone too). Ill buy some Emu lager as a treat.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I'll put some marks on the travel plot and pack extra crumbs so i can find my way home........ PS: fencing wire and bailing twine, can't forget the bailing twine.....................