16' Series Water not working

Moxley23

Feb 10, 2013
ACT
Under warranty Jayco replaced shower wall in my Expanda. That was a while ago. I plugged in the water tonight and turned on the tap at the sink, and nothing happens.

Any ideas why I have no water coming through? There's also no water coming through the tap on the draw bar.

Any help appreciated.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Are you getting any water through any of the taps? As jayco plumb (and wire) all vans differently it could be hard to diagnose without looking at it.

If you are not getting any water through all taps have a look under your van and follow the pipework from the inlet. Look for a small one way valve (Usually brass) and make sure the arrow is facing away from the filler..... Other than that maybe they have kinked a hose when replacing the wall?

Moxley23

Feb 10, 2013
ACT
OH.. And another question..... Have you tried hot and cold taps?

There's two brass type fittings under the van, I'll check for an arrow and which way it points. I've tried hot and cold water at the kitchen sink and shower. Neither work.

The pump works, and I assume if I fill the ranks up I'll be able to draw water from there, but it's not the same as mains pressure and a bit of a hassell. I'm heading off soon, so I might unfortunately not have much choice.

I assume it's not a kinked hose, at least near the shower, because if it was I'd still expect to have water at the kitchen sink.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Definitely sounds like a non return issue to me, unless someone in their wisdom fitted a shutoff valve somewhere, as they are normally (should be) fitted between the filler and the first tee piece or tap. It would be approximately 100mm long and not much larger in diameter than the pipe. If you can't see an arrow remove it and see if you can find something to join the hoses and try again.

Agree with it not being a kinked hose as you say all taps are waterless.

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
If any of the above hints, and any that may follow from others, don't help unfortunately I'd say it's another trip back for a warranty job.... I prefer to try to sort things out myself first before having to resort to going back to the dealer/agent for any issues whether van, car, etc. Unless they pay for the time taken to get it/post it to them first off!

Reactions: blacky

Gibson

Feb 10, 2014
West australia
Have you got the mains connected to the right point on the van as mine has two water filling points for the two tanks only one can be used for mains water the other is blocked off but to look at it you would not know it

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
I reckon its the pressure reducing 1 way valve.
I've had one fail. I replaced it and repaired the failed one so now I carry a spare.

Moxley23

Feb 10, 2013
ACT
I've fixed the problem - thanks so much fellas. I also rang Jayco and they gave me some hints to.

I think the problem was a little plastic piece in the brass pipe just before the pressure reducer. That little plastic piece seems to be a one way valve, but I'm not sure. I'll put a photo up when I get to a computer (not sure how to upload photos from my iphone) and people can identify it.

Easy problem to fix now that I know what the problem was.

Jayco we're very kindly going to squeeze me in and let me do a drive through on Friday morning to fix it if I couldn't figure it out (before we head away), but fortunately that wasn't required.

Turtle

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
Bathurst, NSW
Did you fix it and put it back in? You should just be able to force it back into position.
If it's not in there and you want to run off your pump, you may find that you start pumping water out of your inlet if the non return on the inlet fails because of the back pressure.
Anyway, have a good weekend.