Water leak

Blip59

Oct 24, 2010
Perth WA
Hello All
Just returned from another short trip up to Ledge Point and it rained pretty hard saturday all was good but we found a small trickle of water which seemed to be coming in from under the wardrobe area wondering if anyone else has had this problem have investigated but can't for the life of me see where it may be coming from only guess would be the rear right led marker lights

Also had a bit of water get through on to the bed ends not a lot but enough to warrant concern

Any advice or practical solutions would be greatly received

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
What model van? Ours leaked around the hot water unit where it goes through the wall I only picked it up as it sits on an angle when parked in yard and the rain was running down that side , also small leak (drip) from pipe fitting on the Hot water unit.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi blip59,

I would think if it was the clearance light on top that your talking about then that would be on the left hand side (I have the same model). If that's the case then it should leak into the overhead cupboards above your rear bed. I would suggest looking at the sealer around the Aluminium section that sits on top of main van body that the vinyl goes into for the pop top section if that makes sense. If you have warranty left get on to Jayco straight away and they will fix.

In the mean time I'd put some duct tape around that area to stop any further leaks (if that's where it is) until you can get it sealed properly, although if it is that spot it probably won't leak with top down. As far as bed ends go privacy screens will help or maybe get some clears made, I think I'll do this on my next expanda. I also make sure no bedding is touching canvas bed end in rain if possible.

Cheers
Burnsy.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
We had water dripping from the inside part of where you connect the Mains Water onto on our 16:49:3 don't know if thats near the Wardrobe on a 1 but it is on the 3

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Bugger water leak.from seeing the haracane/tornado testing on the factory tour surprised to hear that.been in storms ourselves and luckily all clear for us.cheers.from my HTC.
They don't test every one, just one out of a batch.