Water Filter

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I have just finished fitting a pair of water filters under the sink. A few hiccups on the way but I am happy with the result.

Last time in Sydney I went to the Parklea Markets and just inside the door is a guy selling almost every kind of water filter you can imagine. I have picked his brain every time I went there and finally bit the bullet and bought a double filter setup with tap. I finally got round to installing it even though the instruction sheet kept referring to diagrams of which there was none. It used the push in fittings for coupling the pvc pipes to everything but on the first test run water went everywhere from the small tap. An email to the company (they have a website http://www.ontapwaterfilters.com.au/ ) and I was promised replacement parts in the mail. Two days later I had a replacement ball cock and half a dozen locking clips for the connections. After sales service was excellent.

All parts fitted and working well. The nut to hold the main tap to the sink top was too large for the space so had to be reduced in diameter but no big deal. The only problem now is that, as water flow must be restricted through the filter, when running the filter tap on the 12v pump the pump hunts and as it does the hand pump puts out water in time with the 12v pump. Then when you turn off the tap, the pump runs on for 4-5 seconds with water coming out of the hand pump. Not a major drama but I'd like to know why.

Original ta[.jpg New tap.jpg Tap base.jpg Filters mounted.jpg Finished tap.jpg

Moto Moto

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 15, 2011
The Gong
A great mod, i have been considering the same for a while.

Interesting about the water running out the other tap, any ideas yet?

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Not sure Moto. I don't know of any connection between the 12v pump and the hand pump except the tank outlet. I'll have to spend a bit more time under the van soon to check it out.

Not a bad kit for $149, nice water out of it, too.

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
I fitted a single filler unit that I bought from masters. Works a treat although I did have a water leak (spraying everywhere) issue but that was due to not tightening everything enough.
I also run a filter on the water line coming into the van.....not the best water inRoma

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Looks good chartrock, any reason why you still want hand pump connected? When I installed our pump I took it from where the hand pump connected to the tank, so hand pump no does nothing. I then connected pump into main line with T piece but had to use a one way valve so water didn't come out where mains connects....work great but down side if pump fails and no mains I'd have to connect hand pump again. Hope you get it sorted!

Cheers.