Want to mount 20L Jerry Can to Expanda.

mickm512

Oct 29, 2010
Baulkham Hills, NSW
G'Day Expanda's

I have purchased a 20L Jerry Can and lockable mounting bracket. I am not sure where the best place is to mount it. The bed lids come down quite low and I would prefer to mount in the rear, but I dont think this will work as I dont want to mount it too low. I am not keen on adding more weight to the draw bar at the front.

Has anyone mounted a jerry can? Or I would be interested in your thoughts / comments.

Cheers
Mick

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Gday Mick, what are you planning on carrying in the jerry can just water?

Jayco mounts them as standard on the smaller vans on the side of the draw bar but this sits them down low.

In relation to the rear I know alot of people put bike rakes etc on the rear but they bounce around a bit so personally would not want anything on there myself.

How many gas bottles have you got on the front? Maybe try re arranging the bottle(s)? and slot the can into it?

mickm512

Oct 29, 2010
Baulkham Hills, NSW
I want to carry the Jerry can for backup petrol and figured out a solution on the weekend.

I have mounted to it the draw bar with some gal brackets, nuts and bolts from bunnings (and no holes). Looks great and clears the bed lids.
My only reason for wanting to rear mount the it is to minimise the weight on the draw bar, but its not a big issue.

Your advise was heading in the same in direction.
Thanks Mick

mickm512

Oct 29, 2010
Baulkham Hills, NSW
Here are some pics
1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg

Reactions: mfexpanda

BUSH PALACE

Sep 4, 2011
LOBETHAL S.A
only one problem with mounting jerrys on the rear to carry petrol i think it is not legal due to back end collisions / explosions.......
russell