NSW Wairo Beach Caravan Park

Dede

Mar 12, 2014
Bellarine
Hi all. We have booked in here at an ensuite site for Christmas, couldn't believe we could get an ensuite site for Christmas at this late date. Has me a little worried. No reviews on the net but it looks okay. Has anyone being there? it is south of Ulladulla and North of Lake Tabourie.

Dede

Mar 12, 2014
Bellarine
Well I guess I should update Wairo Beach Holiday Park. What a find. The owner was great, the park was not full for Christmas, he is over it, doesn't want it crowded, doesn't need the money. Heaps of privately owned cabins, this is the majority of the park. However he does have new ensuite sites so he is still upgrading the park at his own pace. We had trouble getting on to our site, a little steep and he was grading his road with a tractor and came along and moved our van onto the site. Said if you want a fire, just pick anywhere on the ground you see fit. Can't remember what we paid, I think it was $77 a night for 2 adults and 2 teenage children (both 15!!!). Now I do need to add, we had booked for 12 nights but were held up for 2 days with car repairs, get this, they didn't charge us for the 2 nights we were not there. A Big 4 or Top Tourist wouldn't do that. Beach access was a 500m walk through forest, path is wooden, beach had a huge Rip, but kids still went kite surfing. All in all highly recommend this park, a real hidden gem.