Electrical Waeco Fridge

David Johnson

Jul 29, 2015
Ravenswood, WA
Hi guys i just picked up our new family van and was happy to see that it had a waeco fridge installed instead of the 3way fridge. it wasnt working at first but i found the main switch behind the top outside vent once i turn that on bingo it works. Also looks like they have wired up a fan which i think is hooked up to a thermostat what turns it on and off.
1 problem is its really loud do i really need this fan i know it helps with the gas fridges but never heard of putting one one a compressor fridge.
also just to add the fan is 240volt so only work when plugged into mains power.

Thanks
Dave

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
What type is it? I have the rpd215 and the whole fridge is 12v. To run on 240 It has a 240v -12v voltage reducer, with auto change over , Its a extra waeco unit they mount under the fridge, Its quite big so easy to find. You need the fan as it pulls heat out of the condenser, same as the fan kicking in on your car when you turn the A/C on (the condenser is that big thing in front of your radiator)
If its noisy just replace it, as you fridge will perform very very poorly with out it. While I haven't looked at it, it should be 12v
Its just a 120mm computer fan.

David Johnson

Jul 29, 2015
Ravenswood, WA
Not sure what type as yet still looking lol.
It's got one fan down the bottom on the condenser and another one which dose not look professional if you know what I mean lol

ShaneT

Jul 24, 2014
W.A
arr right oh. My condenser is up the top, while I don't plan to add a fan to the vent, I do plan to add one to the other side of the condenser for more air flow.

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
I run the Waeco 12v compressor fridge without the additional fan and had no issues, has run constantly for three years without problem. The fans are more for the absorption fridges.

David Johnson

Jul 29, 2015
Ravenswood, WA
I found the power supply and unplugged it.
I will leave it in there for just in case when it's hot we can run it during the day to help the fridge out in the mean time quietness is bilss