Electrical Vibration Sensoring Fridge Switches ??

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Fitted the new Hayman Reece tow-bar to the Prado today and realised that I haven't yet fitted a relay to cut the power to the anderson switch when parked up. Lately have depended on the minimal brain matter to unplug when stopping for more than an hour or so (Anderson plug runs off the second battery so not too worried).

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with one of these http://caravansplus.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=6496
If so good or bad?

Currently have enough relays etc for other goodies in the Prado and not keen pulling off panels etc to run more cables!!!!

Fitting one of these would be a lot easier and cheaper... Would appreciate feedback from anyone that's used one.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Haven't used that so can't comment specifically. But I have installed a Projecta low voltage disconnect. Found it works great as it keeps going while stopped for a little while but disconnects at set voltage so always have enough juice to get the tug going no problems. Simply put in the van in line to the fridge from the tug feed.

Voltage is variable so can adjust to suit your needs.

BJ.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Been going to fit a 35amp relay on the van wired to the parkers, so that with the parkers on the fridge will run, when stopped the chimes remind me to turn lights off and the frdge will shutdown as well. Can mount the relay in the front boot where a park light cable runs.

Reactions: Pace

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Couple of good options there @Bmhdg76 and @Drover :encouragement:
Thanks for the feedback @twscoot .. I like the simplistic installation for the fridge switch!
Don't get me wrong @dagree, I believe the fridge switch would be excellent. I was lucky enough to have the LVD come up at a price similar to the fridge switch so just went that way. Originally had it to the van battery and the fridge from there, but found the van battery wasn't being charged with the fridge running s0 after a days travel, had cold-cool fridge as the LVD had cut the load, but also had a battery that was down on charge. Running just the fridge through the LVD straight to the tug, have not had an issue.

BJ

Reactions: dagree

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Not looking into them as an option @Bmhdg76 ..... Just ordered one ;)
Been doing some reading and they definatley look the goods and only $5 dearer than the motion sensor :eagerness:

Reactions: Bmhdg76