Venting, ranting, whinging and all things political

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@mikerezny in most cities in China hotels have opening windows the government forbids A/C use during high electricity use times so you open the windows the parts of Europe I’ve been in also have windows that open in most hotels however I can’t think of a hotel I’ve been to in Australia that has openings windows they rely on the A/C 24/7 I personally hate it
Do the windows at the Wuhan Hilton open ???

• Haha
Reactions: mfexpanda

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
They live, breath and pro create , company certainly a mob of fools, Fair Work should sort him out with a slap on wrist probably................................... Mumps in adult males, now that sorts the men from the boys, scary stuff sometimes.
Hi,
had a mate caught the mumps when we were around 18. His scrotum expanded to about the size of a small football. He stood a very real chance of loosing his testicles if it got infected. He spent a week or two in bed with a pillow strapped between his legs so he couldn't put any pressure on it when he moved or when he was asleep. Had to just lie in bed for two weeks and wait for the swelling to go down

Fortunately he recovered with no adverse side effects.

take care
Mike

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Hi,
had a mate caught the mumps when we were around 18. His scrotum expanded to about the size of a small football. He stood a very real chance of loosing his testicles if it got infected. He spent a week or two in bed with a pillow strapped between his legs so he couldn't put any pressure on it when he moved or when he was asleep. Had to just lie in bed for two weeks and wait for the swelling to go down

Fortunately he recovered with no adverse side effects.

take care
Mike

Certainly scary stuff, in Singapore fella scared us all on the ship when he got mumps, we visited him in Changai Hospital before they flew him back to Sydney, looked thru glass as he lifted the blankets, scared the crap out of us ................. we were checking under our armpits and in our jocks for a week after...... Back then the older fellas had immunity from the virus being around as kids while us younger blokes had a jab as well as some having it when kids.....
Idiot in Physio waiting room yesterday stated more people have died from a jab than from Covid, sometimes you have this feeling about these sort of folk but its illegal sadly.....

Last edited:

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi,
here is a copy of rules that were circulated for the Spanish Flu in 1918.

take care
Mike

Spanish Flu Rules.jpg

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So its activate Google Maps, with 10kms journeys now allowed Victorians won't be able to find their way home...................... Whats the difference of 10km or 100km, some of these restrictions are just stupid and in Wallangarra QLD/JenningsNSW same as Mungindi all one town seperated with an imaginary line.......... one side free to roam and the other side can't pass wind, bluddy stupid...............

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
After being told we carnt eat in our sheds after being in them up untill now with one man per table where normally we have 4
So at the moment im loving the sheds as we are all spread out and we have more sheds than the builder normally needs thats why we are normally crushed in anyway ...
Spent yesterday smoko on main roads as far as know no one from my company did i didnt but was in background but there right really if it pours rain where do we go for tool box meetings about the site where do we go for our hot food we bring from home carnt have it now carnt be in sheds what foff things are getting ugly 100 people in a que byeing coffee thats ok carnt wait for next thursday no jab no work lol thats gunna hurt some i know crazy times ahead im sure

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Queen Anna has officially renamed Fraser Island, "K'Gari" but like all the other places they change most will still call it Fraser, they changed Stradbroke Is and some N.P's to something no one can pronounce, changes nothing but makes someone feel good I suppose and others will get hot under the collar, I don't give a Rats myself, like all this Woke BS just let it pass to the keeper........................

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
So its activate Google Maps, with 10kms journeys now allowed Victorians won't be able to find their way home...................... Whats the difference of 10km or 100km, some of these restrictions are just stupid and in Wallangarra QLD/JenningsNSW same as Mungindi all one town seperated with an imaginary line.......... one side free to roam and the other side can't pass wind, bluddy stupid...............
Mind you had a couple of beers in the Wallangarra pub in the past,most of the punters wouldnt know their left hand from their right.Always lookout for highway patrol in that area! The Liberty servo just south of there always had real cheap fuel,found out the hard way two years ago cheap fuel doesnt always mean quality.Lots of complaints re fuel quality,it closed down for ages.

Reactions: Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
So 760 was it cases today some things he was lifting by the weekend he now won't been in hard lock down all this time still climbing we are now the longest lock down in the world 1st place goes to us .....
Thank you all so much for reaching this milestone couldn't have done it without you .....you can see the citizens pradeing with joy and pride in the streets as they march past the lines of people watching them (police really ) well done keep it up at this rate think of money saved locked down for 12 months carnt do anything go anywhere

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
So 760 was it cases today some things he was lifting by the weekend he now won't been in hard lock down all this time still climbing we are now the longest lock down in the world 1st place goes to us .....
Thank you all so much for reaching this milestone couldn't have done it without you .....you can see the citizens pradeing with joy and pride in the streets as they march past the lines of people watching them (police really ) well done keep it up at this rate think of money saved locked down for 12 months carnt do anything go anywhere
Hi @Bluey,
we have gone from the world's most liveable city to the world's most locked-down city.
We are living in very stupid times. I don't like what is happening, but worse still, I don't like how many people are reacting.
The only way I seem to be able to not implode is to ignore as much as possible those things that do my head in.

I regularly remind myself that I traveled throughout Western Europe for six months in 1990 when I was in my early forties with very little access to what was happening in Australia or the world for that matter. I realised that, when I got home, I hadn't actually missed much and a lot of it would have worried me at the time if I had known about it.
Did the same on a very long three-month 1,500km hike across Europe from the English channel, across the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, and France. Again, no contact for any news and I didn't miss anything.

So, now, each day, I do see some of the news, and then treat it as if I was watching a bad movie and concentrate on ourselves, ignoring all the other *(*^%$$$ heads and whatever they want to do. Been doing that throughout this wave in Melbourne and I am far happier for it.

I started making sourdough bread over the past few weeks. Best event of today was to wake up and find that my starter had the best growth. Made a loaf with it today and will look forward to baking it tomorrow morning in time to eat it for lunch.

To hell with two-bob Dan, SloMo, the demonstrations, and all the other crap going on in Melbourne, Australia, or the rest of the World. Whatever eventuates with us will happen regardless of how much I beat myself up stressing about it.

take care
Mike

Last edited:

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Only one thing to say @mikerezny sourdough Yuck ....
Hi @Bluey,
not the sourdough I make.

It is actually not sourdough but levain and is not all that far away from the way traditional French baguettes are made.
American sourdough starter has a distinctive sour bitter taste which differs from the European levain starters.
Historically, the Americans tried to copy the French methods for making starter but failed miserably. In the end they just accepted the sour taste, called it sourdough, and learnt to like it. However, sourdough made in San Francisco has a yeast in that area that is found no where else in the world. Consequently, it also has a different taste.

take care
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I really like Sourdough especially as a Pizza dough, yum...... a bit tarty just makes it ....... My vent today is this mongrel, bustard, rotten wind.... 20k or more for over a week, had enough okay, Huey sort it out.......................... Big mal is locked and loaded but no fun if blowing a gutser all the damn time............

Rant#2...........

Also had a gutfull of reading about idiots and stupid "look at me politicians" , cancel my paper subscription, I will miss the comics though, Calvin and The Phantom ................ Got to the stage I don't care how insulted someone feels or if there confused about some perceived Identity, if you don't want a jab fine, increase your chance of dying, I don't care and along with your religon, sex or colour, keep it to yourself most of us don't really give a rats, we have enough on our plate working and surviving........... Get a proper job, work your arse off and you don't have time for the dramatic Faceache BS....................

Todays rant complete.........................

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Yea I know it mite be good but I'm a bit fussy when it comes to my bread and rolls I used to work in 3 different bakery's when I was a young fella working all night was a pain in the oven ... there's only one way I have my bread after eating them all hot and cold white call me racist but white only ....
I'm also fussy about donuts as well .....
Pies you name it OK I have some issues when it comes to bakery products lol .......
How has bread making made it to this thread ????