Venting, ranting, whinging and all things political

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
No disagreements with me @Crusty181. You have put it all on the line as you see it. And I agree too. But such is life, as we live in an imperfect world of good and bad. What was it that was said? "When the going gets tough, the tough get going". I acknowledge that you own and run a business and this has made it tougher for you to look after the security and future of your family, but hang in there. You have many more years to put in, hopefully healthy years.
For the record, I am a fully self funded retiree, get little from the Government, so I look after myself. My two Daughters are also independent. I have done my hard years (including 36 continuous years in the Army Reserve and with Regular troops) and now am trying to enjoy the few years I have left. Hence a very different outlook to you and yours. Sincerely.
Be a pretty crook place if we all agreed, no fun if everyone knew I was right......

Should have beena Sailor booties, blue is a better colour.

Reactions: Boots in Action

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Everyone slings off at QLD but its the destination if choice......understandable of course..
I envisage Vics cross the Murray Nov 23rd and 15 days later border pass in hand roar across the McIntyre......only an idiot would try to cross at Tweed. Have to make sure Im back In Country before end of month.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I didn't even watch it, nor either of the Grand Finals, possibly the inner me is so Peed off with everything, so total lack of interest but then again my BS Indicator has been at a high level for so long I just can't be stuffed....................... yep, that sounds about right.........

Reactions: BJM

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I didn't even watch it, nor either of the Grand Finals, possibly the inner me is so Peed off with everything, so total lack of interest but then again my BS Indicator has been at a high level for so long I just can't be stuffed....................... yep, that sounds about right.........
Where are you hiding out at the moment ???

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
With the forecast of rain and knowing there has been a bit of moisture at Yass recently we opted to park on concrete at the van park... wise choice as Huey came knocking last night.......................... Next Canberra....will check out the new Van park, special deal means its only $3 more than EpiC and will be far better than the showground if its wet...................

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
With the forecast of rain and knowing there has been a bit of moisture at Yass recently we opted to park on concrete at the van park... wise choice as Huey came knocking last night.......................... Next Canberra....will check out the new Van park, special deal means its only $3 more than EpiC and will be far better than the showground if its wet...................
We moved from the creek there because it smelt like there was a body decomposing in the long grass. At the Yass showgrounds, we had to pack a snack and water to find the toilets.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Yass Showgrounds was a jungle and they had new power/water line trenches and with rain due I could see bogholes appearing, while down at the river even though we prefer the high spots it was soggy...Now about to have coffee at Murrumbateman still raining..At least when it rains in QLD its warm here its bluddy freezing.

Last edited:

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Showgrounds was a jungle and they had new power/water line trenches and with rain due I could see bogholes appearing while down at the river even though we prefer the high spots it was soggy...Now about to have coffee at Murrumbateman still raining..At least when it rains in QLD its warm here its bluddy freezing.

Perhaps that is why Victorians want to come to Queensland! But I believe higher temps and greater humidity sorts out the real tourists.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Really OT but following the flow, its bluddy freezing here in Canberra, raining and 10 deg but a feel like 5 and I can certainly vouch for that......This Canberra Park is very swish, very nice, brand new...............will do a review later.

No Rant sadly, I'm happy and content, so don't upset me.

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Really OT but following the flow, its bluddy freezing here in Canberra, raining and 10 deg but a feel like 5 and I can certainly vouch for that......This Canberra Park is very swish, very nice, brand new...............will do a review later.

No Rant sadly, I'm happy and content, so don't upset me.
We want the rant..................have to find which button to push, Drover

• Haha
Reactions: Drover

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
Now it's my turn on the soapbox. Gather round folks.
Just when things were looking so Rosey........it all goes to pot. Now it's South Australia's turn.
The ones in charge just don't appear to get it. Everytime they bring in a plane with "Australians" from a certain country who so badly want to "come HOME" there is another outbreak. We will never get this cleaned up until the "Authorities" (and I use that term loosely) work out that these people need to be tested and clear BEFORE they get on the plane and if they can't do that then they should stay in their country of origin. They are all dual citizens anyway.
Then like the Victorians, are told that we must ensure that we do this and do that otherwise we will be in deep doo-doo and we will be fined etc etc. What happens to the ones that caused all this or worse still, allowed it to happen ?? Like every other time........nothing, I guess. Politicians should be made accountable!! Their actions are costing the country millions
We don't owe anybody anything................if people choose to live overseas, then good luck to them, but don't scream that Australia is responsible for their welfare and MUST bring them "Home" to where the conditions and welfare are so much better if you can't even make sure that you are clear when you get on the plane.
I am a long, long way from being a racist but if this makes me sound like one, then so be it.

Thank you. I will now get off and push the soapbox back into the centre of the room.

rags

Now it's my turn on the soapbox. Gather round folks.
Just when things were looking so Rosey........it all goes to pot. Now it's South Australia's turn.
The ones in charge just don't appear to get it. Everytime they bring in a plane with "Australians" from a certain country who so badly want to "come HOME" there is another outbreak. We will never get this cleaned up until the "Authorities" (and I use that term loosely) work out that these people need to be tested and clear BEFORE they get on the plane and if they can't do that then they should stay in their country of origin. They are all dual citizens anyway.
Then like the Victorians, are told that we must ensure that we do this and do that otherwise we will be in deep doo-doo and we will be fined etc etc. What happens to the ones that caused all this or worse still, allowed it to happen ?? Like every other time........nothing, I guess. Politicians should be made accountable!! Their actions are costing the country millions
We don't owe anybody anything................if people choose to live overseas, then good luck to them, but don't scream that Australia is responsible for their welfare and MUST bring them "Home" to where the conditions and welfare are so much better if you can't even make sure that you are clear when you get on the plane.
I am a long, long way from being a racist but if this makes me sound like one, then so be it.

Thank you. I will now get off and push the soapbox back into the centre of the room.

Unfortunately Disco Duck I think your statement is a selfish claim and bordering on a racist claim even though you claim to not be a racist and so I have to disagree. You are basically admitting you are racist by claiming that if it sounds like you are one then so be it.Maybe you need to reflect on that.

Many of these people are not all dual citizens and their country of origin is this great country Australia. Many of these people have been living abroad for a variety of reasons, work, family, humanitarian aid or service to the country, the list is endless. Unfortunately many of these people as a result of COVID 19 now find themselves out of work, out of home, and out of money trapped in foreign countries. Even if they do hold dual citizenship then so be it, they are Australian citizens.

It is not their fault that they may have contracted COVID 19 somewhere between the shores of a foreign country and the hotel the government that has them quarantining in. Yes the government should be held to account if COVID 19 “escapes” from those facilities.
Maybe I get offended by such statements like yours as I have feel priveleged that our country can provide such aid to our citizens.
I speak as a father of a daughter who is your typical Aussie daughter who through circumstances not of her choosing ended up taking a ride on a Qantas jet chartered by the Australian Government, with the fare payed by the passenger. It is irrelevant on where she travelled from and what she was doing O/S, but I can assure you her focus is on a return to commence her work serving others, work that is important to her.
She did 28 days of quarantine first being 14 days in a government direct hotel and then at home after leaving the 1st state to return to her home state.During this time there were 4 tests all providing a negative result.
On your logic she should be stuck abroad, living in deadly times.
I think if you reflect on these quarantined evacuees, and imagine that it was your wife, mother, father brother, sister , daughter , son or next door neighbour you may have a different view.
You wouldn’t leave a dog in the gutter and I don’t think we should leave our citizen in that same gutter.
My rant over.

Disco Duck

Dec 8, 2017
Adelaide South Australia
I think you missed my point, rags. I wasn't having a shot at ALL the people coming back from overseas. I didn't for one second suggest that everybody should be left overseas. I didn't for one second suggest that ALL the people were dual citizens.
Hey.... all good. We have our opinions and I should probably have shut up about mine.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Now, there's some true embracing of the spirit of Venting, ranting, whinging and all things political. Good work

I think both views are valid. I watched a young father on Current Affair, that poor bugger clutching at a last chance cancer life extender being caught up in this. He was dying, was trapped OS, and the costs of returning to his family to die with those who loved him were out of his reach. Then the knuckle head brother of my factory neighbour whose never worked chose to ignore the travel bans and voluntarily left to go 'home' for a holiday to see his family in the middle east.

I'm not sure why we Vics haven't jumped on the quick wait and see closure of the SA border. Aside from the fact SA couldn't close it fast enough on us, I thought we may have learnt the "she'll be right", half arsed "what could go wrong" approach hasn't favoured us in the past.

One thing is for certain for the rest of you voiceless minions around Oz, the dual-edged "success" of Victorias total lockdown and smashing of the economy will now be the easiest go-to political Covid solution across the entire nation. Welcome to the party peeps. Netflix $19.99

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
There are many stories and incidents along with reasons as to why BUT the one that gets me going is the mindless fools who defy the stay at home or other restrictions and end up spreading it, the "You can't tell me what to do" mindset or just out and out stupidity is just as bad as the knee jerk publicity minded political decisions and seems to be the cause of long term lockdown.

Even here in QLD with our own huge tribe of idiots the short term pain and compliance did make things go back to reasonably normal, the idiots are still alive and well sadly............. we were and so far are still lucky despite the clamouring for border reopening, its the idiots who will turn up first more than likely...........

At one of the showground we stayed at, the caretaker had 2 vans come in and right from the start caused trouble, ammenities closed due to Covid they didn't like that, they get on the turps, cause a big ruckus, cops come and sort it then they move to next towns showground and same thing, cops sorted it and discover not only have they done this before but they jumped the border at Toleybuc.................. took awhile but they finally got caught........these are the ones that should be locked up and neutered so they can't breed.

Last edited: