Vehicle Recalls

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Im recalling myself time for upgrade new job lets say mmmm a vet they do bugger all and charge like a bull
New car mmmm 200 serise
A van thats not a pop top
Happy with the wife and kids
Few things need a tweak where do i go

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
20 recalls? Whats that, about once a month or so, like a custody order from the Family Court. Thats great, Jeep seem very keen to keep a close eye on every car they sell. Unlike Nissan, i never hear from the buggers

Screenshot_20180716-140121.png

Pffffft ... one of the best tow vehicles if your happy to camp in the Jeep service centre.

Last edited:

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
20 recalls? Whats that, about once a month or so, like a custody order from the Family Court. Thats great, Jeep seem very keen to keep a close eye on every car they sell. Unlike Nissan, i never hear from the buggers

View attachment 61179

Pffffft ... one of the best tow vehicles if your happy to camp in the Jeep service centre.

Harsh crusty harsh !

Reactions: Crusty181 and DRW

JohngQld

Jun 17, 2015
Caboolture, Qld
I now have a MY17 diesel JGC and it's VIn isn't listed and neither was my MY 2012 diesel I traded. Mate at work with MY16, not listed. So perhaps many may have had the firmware update at some point. It would be good to know if it pertains more to the petrol variant than the diesel. In which case, don't let the truth stand in the way of a good story is the winner here as not too many of the petrol versions are good for 3500 kg towing. Note to self, should update picture and description.

Reactions: DRW

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
and now for the latest TOYOTA Recall dated 06APRIL2020.....check your vin number here;
https://www.productsafety.gov.au/re...uger-hilux-prado-and-land-cruiser-my2013-2019

FAULT:
The fuel pump on affected vehicles may stop operating. If the fuel pump stops working, warning lights and messages may display on the instrument panel, and the engine may not run smoothly. This can result in the vehicle stalling and the vehicle may not be able to be restarted.

@Bluey yours could be amongst them and the good news is spare parts are months away......... lucky your not going anywhere......

Here's some Toyota spin on the problem...........https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04...do-recalled-over-defective-fuel-pump/12128104

I hate pumps in fuel tanks, such a dumb idea.

Last edited:

rags

and now for the latest TOYOTA Recall dated 06APRIL2020.....check your vin number here;
https://www.productsafety.gov.au/re...uger-hilux-prado-and-land-cruiser-my2013-2019

FAULT:
The fuel pump on affected vehicles may stop operating. If the fuel pump stops working, warning lights and messages may display on the instrument panel, and the engine may not run smoothly. This can result in the vehicle stalling and the vehicle may not be able to be restarted.

@Bluey yours could be amongst them and the good news is spare parts are months away......... lucky your not going anywhere......

Here's some Toyota spin on the problem...........https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04...do-recalled-over-defective-fuel-pump/12128104

I hate pumps in fuel tanks, such a dumb idea.

Only applies to petrol motors and no diesel models affected

Reactions: Drover

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
As far as i know its only petrol cars going by the model numbers
At least they have came clean and will fix it not like there injectors in the 120 series prado
Nice try @Drover but being a cruiser driver im not worried about anything apart from not being able to go away with it

Last edited:

Middo

Apr 25, 2014
Brisbane
Sorry just commenting on the Everest. Mine is a 2019 model. Mine is a 3.2l model 6 speed and not on the list but I know some people who have the other model that have been notified.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well with most of these things you need to check the VIN # to be sure, no ID other than VIN and its always the safest way to check.......model variations often have similar parts......... Follow up is always good @Middo

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Latest FCA recall on Grand Cherokees WK2 Diesel 2014-2015.

It is an important one to get done......................

Of course the knockers will start up displaying their knowledge.

FCA Australia Pty Ltd — Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK) MY2014-2015​

What are the defects?

In some vehicles the signal from the crankshaft position sensor may fail.

Toyota assured me this morning they know exactly where my crankshaft is, same place they've always put them, including 2014 .... phew :amen: :D
Of course the knockers will start up displaying their knowledge.
I have no clue where Jeep put them .... neither does Toyota :cheerful:

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well the Jeeperific had one of its rare, if ever visits to the dreaded Dealer today, an hour an half later, software upgraded so if flywheel senor craps out the cam sensor covers for it and we don't have a flame out happening at speed, certainly not something I want to happen...............

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 3lt Diesel; Mar23: https://www.vehiclerecalls.gov.au/recalls/rec-005648

FCA Australia has issued a recall Z46, long after the US recall for the same fault............ The Bosch CP 4 HPFP recall on all 3lt Grand Cherokee's and RAM's with the 3lt VM and the 6.7lt Cummins, internals of the fuel pump may fail and destroys the entire fuel system basically but not just for Jeeps, Ford 6.7 Powerstroke, GM 6.6lt V8 Duramax LML & LGH engines as well as BMW N57T & N47T engines are also affected.......... No new pumps are available as yet, some are retrofitting CP3 pumps ...........
The problem with the pumps has been known for many years and the problem seems to stem from the US Diesel ULS fuel having less lubrication than the European Diesel EN-590 spec which our diesel is supposed to be in line with, so we may have missed the bullet.....

• Wow
Reactions: Boots in Action