Interior Valterra Fridge Fan

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
OK
I bought one of these fans and it says use 2 D cell batteries
but they don't seem to fit.
Anyone here find that they fit or do you need to use C cell ?

Ta

Hi @NoWorries , They definitely take 2 X "D" cells and from memory, they fit underneath the fan itself. Better than nothing but a small computer fan connected to battery is far cheaper and much more efficient too. If you have the ability (and it is easy), have a look at previous threads about fitting fans inside and outside your refrigerator.

Reactions: KECL

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
They take D size, a bit of force is needed to get them in, and the housing does bend a bit in the process. I bought one of these fans a few months ago. The last two batteries lasted about 6 weeks and it provides enough circulation to do as intended. Great product.

Maximage

Jan 6, 2017
Perth
How noisy are peoples Valterras? Not sure if ours is dodgy, but it vibrates slightly and can be heard rattling away from inside the fridge.

Dean Anderson

Feb 7, 2014
Isaac Region
Yeah bit of noise when its silent at night time, but hasn't been loud enough for me to try to fix the problem... Makes me feel sorry for people with a compressor fridge instead of the absorbtion fridge.

Reactions: Boots in Action

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Yeah bit of noise when its silent at night time, but hasn't been loud enough for me to try to fix the problem... Makes me feel sorry for people with a compressor fridge instead of the absorbtion fridge.

Hi @Maximage , if rattling around a bit with vibration, try placing it on a small piece of "non slip" material or gluing a piece on base. Not only will it stop fan moving around, but it will stop the annoying vibrations. Note that the fan portion is only held on to the body by the two electrical connecting wires and is not a MECHANICALLY very strong connection. If subjected to a hard knock, the connecting wire/s can become detached, so fan is cactus (cannot be soldered on) or fan is no longer vertical in housing. This can cause vibration. Otherwise it should be barely heard. Had to try to fix a friends fan, so in partial dismantling, found these problems. Hope this helps.

Reactions: bigcol