Starcraft USB sockets for bunk beds.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
Hey guys,

I’m looking at swapping the cigar style 12V sockets in the bunk beds in my 22.68-1 to USB sockets for kids to charge devices. I’ve been looking online, but all the ones I find have LEDs in them, which would be on all the time there is power available.

What has everyone else used?

Also looking for storage pocket ideas for the devices also.

Thanks.

Pete

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
there are plenty of usb plugs, that go directly into the ciggy plug holes, usually doubles on one plug , no need to change ciggy type casing and no led to annoy you in the dark, my storage is at home so they enjoy the great outdoors not glued to a screen, ahh i must be getting old and cranky, just looked jaycar has them on special $5 different plugs 3 to 6 charging ports

Last edited:

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Just bought some of the plug in type to see how they go.

Thanks
about you storage issue, saw some door hung shoe storage idears on ebay ,they hang inside any cupboard and it look like they could be cut down to fit smaller van doors,but if you are very smoochie the missus might copy the design and do some sewing (best of luck there ) just saw something in the ikea website look at STICKAT and another STUK both good storage hacks

Last edited:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I don't like those USB plug into cig sockets units some can get very bluddy hot, I have fitted the proper USB sockets for piece of mind.

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
We replaced all the cig style plugs with USB. The only cig style point we need is for the TV when off grid. Everything else was swapped for USB. Just shop around - plenty don't have the light on all the time.

You also want to look at the amperage - most of the cheap units are 1 x 1A and 1 x 2.1A (both 5v). Look for either dual 2.1A or the newer 2.4A Newer devices charge faster and better on the higher rated sockets.

Reactions: jazzeddie1234