Electrical Typically what do other ppl run over the Anderson Connection?

LUK77Y

Dec 22, 2012
Central Coast - NSW
Hello,

I have just dropped off my new tug and 18FT OB with Central Coast Trailers, to setup new break away fault system and electric brake controller.

The guys has taken me through the pro's and con's of hot wires and said let's simply run a 150AMP cable through the car and configure the fridge hot wire, charging of batter, ESC all from the one anderson connection as opposed to reconfiguring the pins and smaller wires inside the 12pin trailer connection.

You thought's as to good practice? Never had concern to doubt these guys, as they are perfectionists with any work they do but I am curious to understand what everyone has running off there Anderson?

And yes, a relay is also being installed :)

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Also running 150AMP cable/fuse and wired for running fridge and charging battery through the one anderson plug.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I dont use anderson. Just went with the Jayco 12 pin. However, on my last van I experienced some voltage drop to the fridge. I suspect it was more to do with the wire run thought the van though.
I think Anderson is a good option.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I have an anderson from my main battery through a fuse and a relay to run my van fridge and another anderson from my second truck battery to the van battery through a Ctek 250S. All works fine. The cable I use is the same as used in household solar wiring to the inverter as our son used to install solar and has a lot of cable left over so I just help myself to some as needed. :D

Reactions: dagree

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
There is an issue relating to having multiple items of one fuse. If one go they all go. You may need to have separate fuses closer to the units.

So fridge and charging to not take out ESC.

Racer

Jun 17, 2014
NSW
That's how I'll be leaving te dealership. 7pin plug and Anderson plug, 12pin in the bin.

My vehicle is already configured with 7pin and Anderson fed off the auxiliary battery.

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
I thought the ESC had to have its own plug so can be removed on bad tracks etc? I have 7pin flat and Anderson find it good. Anderson does the fridge via low voltage disconnect. This way the Anderson gives me a socket to plug my air compressor etc to at the back of the tug.

BJ.