Twin Water Tanks

Feb 1, 2012
We have two water tanks, my question is does the water flow from both or once one is empty do you have to switch tanks over?

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
There should be a three way valve located on the chassis with a white arrow. On ours if the arrow is facing down it will draw of both tanks or you can rotate the valve with the arrow facing the front or rear tank and it will only draw of one tank. We generally use the front tank first for weight reasons. I hope this helps.

cruza driver

Hercules
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Mighty Victoria
We use both tanks at the same time only for some reason when we tried one tank only 1st (rear) it wouldn't start to use the front tank when the rear was empty.

That was when it was new though so maybe I was doing something wrong back then :peep:

Feb 1, 2012
Thanks all next question. It seems as if it should have been drawing from both tanks but only the front one is empty. I can hear there is power flowing to the pump but there is not the usual thumping noise when it's pumping water. Any suggestions?

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
Don't know if this helps but when we got ours the water would not prime through the the pump and after about an hour looking at the myriad of piping and following everything back me and a mate found as soon as you put your finger over the hand pump water outlet at the sink it would stop the air being sucked in and the pump primed. We pulled the draws out and found an in-line check valve was sticky. Once we blew out the check valve all was good. This was a day after we just picked ours up and shows Jayco don't do much when it comes to pre delivery... Not sure if this will help you but may others if they have a similar issue... Because we were starting to think the pump was faulty. Thanks.

Feb 1, 2012
Thanks Chooka, I'm thinking the pumps not priming but in the middle of the snow at present so will have to wait till I get home.

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
To confirm if that is the problem simply put your finger over the manual pump outlet with the pump on and see if that helps prime the pump. If it does just tape up the nozzle until you get home. Thanks.

Roh

Oct 26, 2010
Mornington Peninsula VIC
Hey NK,
I had a very similar problem but only with the hand pump but depending on how it is plumbed in it could be also affect the pump system. I found that the pipe from the hand pump was plumbed in between the 3 way switch and the rear tank so when rear tank was empty and wanted to draw from the front tank, all it would do is suck air from the rear tank and not suck water from the front. I assumed that the hand pump would be plumbed onto the switched side of the 3 way switch so that whichever tank I wanted to draw from I could select. But after investigation under the van I found that was not the case. The way I fixed this was to put a stopcock just before the rear tank. So when I want to use the front tank I close the stopcock so I cannot draw air from that tank and it primes from the front tank. The way I got around this on the road when I first discovered it was to disconnect 10mm pipe from rear tank. Put a plastic bag over the end and use the hose clamp to tighten it over the pipe to block it. Just remember to put it back on before driving off do u don't fill the tank with dust.