TV Size

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
We are about to order a tv for the van we dont have yet. Jayco's one is 18.5". What size do people have out there? We are going with a Kogen 12/240 TV/DVD. We just need to decide on size. Our van will be a 16-49-4.

Cheers Geoff

Tailor

Jun 2, 2012
Newport Qld
We have a 22" Grundig 12/240V with inbuilt DVD player. Bargained the price down to $279 from Harvey Norman a couple of months ago. Works well with good picture.

cancan

Sep 26, 2011
Manly; Brisbane
I just purchased a 22" Kogan, 12v led with dvd player and PVR
Havent used it yet but looks nice on the wall bracket..
have a 19" Aldi special for the camper trailer but find its just that wee bit small.
Will run the Kogan next week and can report back

casiochris

Dec 1, 2011
Newcastle NSW
Kogan 24" with DVD, works well but when plugged into the aux on the pioneer stereo there is a continuous buzz (probably an earth loop in the wiring somewhere in the van I guess). Was warned not to travel with it on the mount as it is probably not reinforced and may snap the back off when travelling, so far so good though. Oh the built in speakers are shocking which is why I am so upset about the buzz through the aux port (also I wanna listen to Judge Judy whilst in the annexe)!!!!

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
We went for a 19" 12v and made a swing out arm that works well and no need to remove when travelling.

Also put a small screen down the kids end that runs from the sat tv box.

DSCN8438 (Small).JPG DSCN8446 (Small).JPG DSCN8455 (Small).JPG

DSCN8459 (Small).JPG DSCN8463 (Small).JPG DSCN8452 (Small).JPG

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Hi Stone Stomper. Can you tell me more about you Sat Tv set up. ie: how do you mount your dish and what size is your dish? I like the little screen idea.

Geoff

Stone Stomper

Jul 2, 2011
Glenelg SA
www.stonestomper.com.au
Hi Geoff, we bought the set up from satplus as there customer service is excellent and good prices. We have had ours for 4 years and the set top box is a 12v but the new system out now is VAST I think with all the digital channels but there is no 12v decoder at the moment.

With our system you need to buy a card and register it every 6 months and they only give you channels on one side of the country you say you are going or as I have you can get hold of a free gold/silver card it's called you get all the channels and don't need to register it I think with the new VAST system there is no need to keep registering.

Not sure on the exact size of the dish but it's not that big and when I bought the set up I didn't order there dish stand as it looked too heavy so I used one of those $25 aluminium camping close lines and just used one half.

Mounting the dish I made a timber sleeve and fitted to the back of the shower.

Hope this helps.

Christian

DSCN8435 (Small).JPG DSCN8436 (Small).JPG DSCN8460 (Small).JPG

image0095.jpg image0096.jpg

gspy4u

Apr 27, 2012
Ipswich
We got the 21" kogan, really happy with the size and picture quality is surprisingly good. Got the inbuilt DVD LED LCD one to keep the kids happy. Just remember to order the 12v adapter for it. And make sure they actually send it in the box as it takes forever to get through to them if they forget.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
Well we ordered the Kogan 22 LED 12V Tv/Dvd combo on Tuesday night and it arrived Thursday morning. Very impressed with how easy it was to buy and speed of delivery. We did try to buy instore at JB but they did not have the one in stock we chose (Teac). The Kogan has a much better finish than the ones we looked at instore. Tried it on 12V tonight and sound and picture quality seemed fine. I do like Samsung TV's but the cheapest 22 inch was $340 ish so wife said too expensive for a caravan. Time will tell!

Cheers Geoff

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
We have had a Conia for 2 years now and the picture and sound fantastic. Its 22inch, 12volt and has DVD , card reader and USB only $329 delivered to WA. The best place is www.dealsdirect.com.au They have specials often. You can get the universal bracket fitted, as we did, the TV slides on perfectly. We use ours in our bedroom when not in van.