Electrical TV Antenna suggestions

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
I realise most have their Jaycos fitted with an antenna from the factory. I couldn't due to height restrictions where my van is stored (have 10mm between the roof beams).

Would be interested to see/hear from those who have had success with an aftermarket antenna setup.

Have searched this site and noticed some have the Happy Wanderer brand, but they seem a bit pricey to me.

Have seen similar to this on ebay, are they useless?? Prefer not to have a powered one as I usually free camp and want to keep power usage down.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271164282377&alt=web

Was thinking of purchasing a standard house antenna and strap it to the underside of the van whilst traveling.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Can't help too much with fitting but a house antenna would work, one of these types would be ideal as you can rotate it for it for vertical or horizontal signals and it is flat, easier for storage. Usually under $90 at Bunnings, BigW etc.

mypic8.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BigSkiddy

coled1970

May 27, 2012
Hunter Valley, Newcastle
We have the happy wander one (older version shaped bit like a triangle). The only issue was it was powered by 240v and the 12v booster they wanted heaps for it.
2997484.jpg
Picked up identical antenna from Aldi with 12 booster for i think $30 dollars and works the same as the happy wander.

Reactions: twscoot and Drover