Turn off the stereo

brookes2622

Jun 24, 2012
Bywong NSW
Was in the van the other week and all dark bar the stereo, I couldn't seen to turn it completely off. I held down the source button briefly and it flipped to tuner, then I held it down for a bit longer and it seems to go in to advertising mode. So it was still creating a lot of light so in the end I took the front off and went to sleep. Failing putting a switch in am I missing something obvious? As I write this I am thinking maybe I just should have waited longer...

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Not missing anything Mate, yes the only way to stop it using power is to remove the front, brilliant sourcing in from Jayco. So the choices are remove unit and fit a switch to the 12 volt or find another unit that can switch off all power. The thing I don't get is in a car the units get turned off at assecessories but still remember settings I dont think these ones do?

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hey Jim, usually there is another wire on the back that requires a constant positive supply for the units memory, but I guess that's just another source of power drain.

MolongMick

Oct 6, 2011
NSW
When you turn the power on for the first time, each time you need to set up the unit, instructions are in the book.
This will then allow you to turn on and off the unit.
Took me a little while to sort this out. But it does and will turn off if it is set up when the power is turned on each time, only takes a few seconds.