Interior Truma gas heater

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011

AndrewC

Mar 20, 2013
Murrumba Downs, Brisbane
Yep I had one in my 17.56-2. I put it under the front seat of the main dining table. Problem was that it had to be on That side of the van or the flue was in the annex and where I put it was the only location. Suitable

The technicality of where I put it was I had to put a pop rivet in the window lock above the table to pass a gas inspection. The rivet was taken out after the inspection and went back In when I sold the van

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Yep I had one in my 17.56-2. I put it under the front seat of the main dining table. Problem was that it had to be on That side of the van or the flue was in the annex and where I put it was the only location. Suitable

The technicality of where I put it was I had to put a pop rivet in the window lock above the table to pass a gas inspection. The rivet was taken out after the inspection and went back In when I sold the van

You can get micro switchs to mount to the window that lock the heater out of operation when the window is open. I don't think they are that dear? Commonsense you would do it your way Andrew but we know how common commonsense is?

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
We had one fitted a month ago so are probably still in the honeymoon phase . It is great keeps the van beautifuly toasty. Quiet enough to run through the night. Ours is under the front bunk/ seat compartment that doesn't see a lot of use so perfect spot for us.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 244
Sep 2, 2014
We had one fitted a month ago so are probably still in the honeymoon phase . It is great keeps the van beautifuly toasty. Quiet enough to run through the night. Ours is under the front bunk/ seat compartment that doesn't see a lot of use so perfect spot for us.
How do you go with the window opening and the exhaust out let?
Have read have to lock window in place

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
We had a caravan plumbing workshop install it , they were reasonable on cost, and install needs to be certified which they were licensed for(I am not). When ordering it was discussed but as soon as measurements were taken all good . Didn't have to lock it off or put the kill switch on the window. They were more worried about the power inlet than the window when dropping off the van. I don't think we would ever have that window open and the heater on anyway.
The exhaust is under the round white cap.image.jpg

Sep 2, 2014
Tha
We had a caravan plumbing workshop install it , they were reasonable on cost, and install needs to be certified which they were licensed for(I am not). When ordering it was discussed but as soon as measurements were taken all good . Didn't have to lock it off or put the kill switch on the window. They were more worried about the power inlet than the window when dropping off the van. I don't think we would ever have that window open and the heater on anyway.
The exhaust is under the round white cap.View attachment 32535
thanks for that.

Could you tell me the name of the place when you got it fitted and the contact details please

zerosecta

Sep 27, 2011
Melbourne
No regrets here - we put one in our Swan and again in our Expanda and it will always be the top of the list and highest priority mod on new van

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011

Hey @Pauly

Might pay to check mate, but I can't recall if I read it in the standards or was told but Iam under the impression the isolating cock should not be inside the van but underneath? All the other appliances Jayco install they fit the cocks outside?

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
Hey @Pauly

Might pay to check mate, but I can't recall if I read it in the standards or was told but Iam under the impression the isolating cock should not be inside the van but underneath? All the other appliances Jayco install they fit the cocks outside?

Hmmm had me worried..
I've been told that's fine and is the norm.
Seen a few pics of installs with the service valve on the inside.
Dometic follow the sun YouTube clip shows theirs inside also.
Only regulations that I have found online say that the service valve must be easily accessible without use tools...

Reactions: achjimmy