14' Series Triple bunk 14.44 - anyone have one?

DannyB

Jan 15, 2015
I am looking at getting an expanda as over camping with tents. With 3 kids it would be nice if Jayco could get a triple bunk into the 14.44 instead of converting the dinette at bed time. Does anyone who knows if it is possible?

Bmhdg76

Oct 6, 2012
North Lakes, Qld.
Hi @DannyB,

We have the 14.44-4 with double bunks. To be honest I doubt would be possible at all being a pop top - happy to be wrong though.
There just would not be enough room. The top bunk is only probably about 200mm below the pop-top skirt and only enough room to hop in the bottom bunk - I have to be a contortionist but I am 6'4"! Kids get in easily though.

BJ.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Does it have an ensuite? You may be able to get rid of it, put in benches at the bottom and a fold out bunk up top. We got rid of the ensuite in our van, but replaced it with cupboards. We could have gotten another set of bunks, as there is definitely enough room width wise. (Sorry, not sure what the layout looks like on it)

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Welcome to the forum. If you can go extra size look at the Starcraft 17.58-1 like we have 3 bunks and double.
Although we have 4 kids so wondering if I can put something over the dinette as that ends up a bed all the time..
Been thinking pull out top bunk in a 17-56 or something like this in a AOR although with pop top you have to put it in after your popped..

Y_Bunk2_matrix_2759_New.jpg

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Welcome to the forum.

We used to have a triple bunk sterling a few years ago, being a full height the bottom bunk was on floor level and there was a very small amount of room between bunks. I don't think it would be possible to have a triple bunk set up in a pop top.