Trip itinerary help

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Brisbane - Northside (North Lakes)
Hey all,

As some of you will have seen we are heading for Melbourne in October to collect our new van. We have a week between when we collect the van in Mel and we need to be back in Sydney for an event. So having never had the time, or the option to tour between the 2 major centres I am looking for options.

I am happy to come off the highway to have a look around. Think a stop in Wollongong is on the cards as Trish would like to do the over sea coast road. (Cannot remember the real name)

We will start off in Campbelfeild on a Saturday after spending a day loading it up with the crap we take down and doing the supplies.

As it is only 900 km between the 2, I was thinking the odd 2 night stop and 300 odd km once packed and on the road. With 2 kids I feels a little more relaxed if we are not moving everyday.

So any ideas would be great.
Tim

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Take the coast road....
Lakes entrance. (Via Buchan caves)
Malllacoota. (Beautiful)
Merimbula
Port Macquarie
My two cents worth...

Reactions: jacbaz

carpanda

Jul 15, 2014
Sydney, NSW
We have stayed at lake conjola lakeside van park. We were in a cabin at the time, but can't wait to take our van there, when we get it! They have a kids waterpark, the pool area is brand new and has a sandy area for the kids like a beach. U can walk to the bowls across the road for a great feed too.

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013
Getting close now what have you got plamned so far?
@expanda Yes mate, we have come up with a loose plan. Don't think it is going to get much better than that. So from the suggestions we got and a few other ideas.

Wallan - Friends Place, loading and setting up the van for the night (take our time)
Off the the "Puff & Billy" steam train ride, then to Lakes Entrance.
Mallacoota, Merimbulla, Dalmaney (This place looks nice) Then wollongong, Lane cove (Monster Jam) Then onto Brisbane in 2 days.

We are planning a few 2 night stops so it feels a bit more relaxed and not moving everyday.

It is getting close now, Wife and kids flights are booked. My overnight accommodation is booked for my "halfway point" on the way down ( planning an Brisbane to Mel in 2 days) Just a waiting game till i can leave now.

Reactions: Antman

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
@expanda Yes mate, we have come up with a loose plan. Don't think it is going to get much better than that. So from the suggestions we got and a few other ideas.

Wallan - Friends Place, loading and setting up the van for the night (take our time)
Mallacoota, Merimbulla, Dalmaney (This place looks nice) Then wollongong, Lane cove (Monster Jam) Then onto Brisbane in 2 days.

We are planning a few 2 night stops so it feels a bit more relaxed and not moving everyday.

It is getting close now, Wife and kids flights are booked. My overnight accommodation is booked for my "halfway point" on the way down ( planning an Brisbane to Mel in 2 days) Just a waiting game till i can leave now.

Sounds like you have picked a great route.

Very nice and scenic!

Make sure you keep us posted on your travels.

TTBRIDGE

Mar 12, 2013

@expanda, will do. Probably do a trip report this time, but i never remember to take enough photos.