Towbar Install

gspy4u

Apr 27, 2012
Ipswich
Did one on our prado. Pretty simple, just had to remove rear bumper (few bolts) remove some covers between bumper and body. Then unbolt the OEM one we had 6 bolts and replace it with the Hayman Reese one with 12 bolts. The only problem I had was these newer ones for the prado were slightly out so had to use a jack the align the left and right part that bolts into the chassis to get the bolts in. Pretty straight forward and did it in an afternoon.

Ch00ka77

Apr 28, 2012
Maffra VIC
Have fitted a myriad of tow bars over time and the H & R are were always out slightly from the instructions or templates provided and in some cases had to die grind the holes to make fit or manipulate with a jack. But if you are only replacing the job will be half done. Good luck..

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
Haven't actually installed one myself, but watched the bloke who came to my home install mine on the Jeep last Friday.
Took him 90 minutes, including giving the end plates a "love tap" to make it fit between the rails.

Wiring was all plug and play too..

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I've done 2. On a Commodore and a Falcon. Both were very easy, only tricky part was removing the body work. Neither fell off so I reckon I did OK