Tow speeds are you breaking the law

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
yes early 90's heading up in a old Barina sitting on 130 saw no cars then a porsche went past only saw it for a few second after that then he or she was gone.
Funny back in the 90's and my early 20's did not think of the beasties as much took the Barina into Leichfield as well via 4WD dirt track accidentally :) Was dry so got in that way out the tarmac.

Reactions: Drover

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
A young friend of mine on "L" plates was abused by a lady in a car yesterday for going too fast in NSW. I am guessing he would have been sitting close to 110 on the open road. She was hanging out the window and abusing him for going too fast. As a learner as in NSW they are speed limited to 90klm. She took photo's and reported them to the police.
Not to long later police car pulled them over to check they were ok and said that he was doing nothing wrong as on VIC "L's" could do 110 klm. After a photo with the policeman, who was apparently very good, the young lad decided he had done enough driving for the day.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
A young friend of mine on "L" plates was abused by a lady in a car yesterday for going too fast in NSW. I am guessing he would have been sitting close to 110 on the open road. She was hanging out the window and abusing him for going too fast. As a learner as in NSW they are speed limited to 90klm. She took photo's and reported them to the police.
Not to long later police car pulled them over to check they were ok and said that he was doing nothing wrong as on VIC "L's" could do 110 klm. After a photo with the policeman, who was apparently very good, the young lad decided he had done enough driving for the day.

Not knowing the rules but I would have expected the learner driver would be subject to the learner driver conditions of the state they are driving in. A bit like towing speeds or slowing down around emergency services on t(e side of the road which have different speed restrictions in each state.

BaxnRach

Apr 5, 2013
Cobram Vic
Provisional licence holders – interstate or overseas
NSW Police will enforce the licence conditions applied to your current licence issued by your residential state. Drivers are required to comply with the licence conditions applied by the State or Territory that issued the licence, regardless of the State or Territory you are driving in. This means if your licence was issued without a condition prohibiting the use of a mobile phone while driving, you can continue to comply with those conditions when driving in another State or Territory.

Reactions: Crusty181 and MDS69

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Not knowing the rules but I would have expected the learner driver would be subject to the learner driver conditions of the state they are driving in. A bit like towing speeds or slowing down around emergency services on t(e side of the road which have different speed restrictions in each state.

You would think that we would have Australia wide rules, last I checked we were one country. No, we can have different rules in each state. How stupid! :confused-87:

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
A few years back there was great fanfare for the new National Truckie driving regs, except for a slight difference in NSW, VIC and WA, so basically National Regs for heavies is BS.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Personally I can't see the need for different states at all, get rid of state governments, have super councils with all employees hired for positions after being interviewed and supplying references and detaied experience employed by the governing party. performance based salary and being held accountable.................
1 country 1 law, yeah I know just dreaming but it really p!sses me when the fruit shop owner up the road goes broke and then becomes the lord mayor (true story) bit like the current polititions and we wonder why we have different laws??

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
Im still in the running for our first presdent with @Crusty181 my right hand man
And a select few from here as my henchmen to deal with minority groups voat 1 Bluey the gee this place could be better party lol

Reactions: Crusty181

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
It's okay @Bluey I'm a safe Navara distance away, never has a Navara made the distance so far
Hey look, this pic should be a little familiar; and parked right behind the mighty Southern Crusty Navara is the courtesy bus from the local branch of the Doh I Didnt' See That Coming, Foundation :p

20161202_151124.jpg

Reactions: Bluey