Tow hitch 50mm spacer block & bolts

jcexpanda2007

Sep 22, 2013
Melbourne
Hi All,
I had this spacer manufactured in 2016 for our Jayco van. We have since upgraded our tug and no longer need the spacer. The spacer is made from mild steel plate and has been designed to match the bolt hole pattern of the tow hitch. I also allowed clearance for the operation of the caravan's brake lever. The spacer has been painted for corrosion protection. It comes complete with new/unused matching high strength bolts and nyloc nuts.

$220 for the lot. Pick up from Wonga Park 3115. Postage can be arranged at additional cost.

Thanks,
John. IMG_7395_zpsxvgujxyk.jpg

IMG_7395_zpsxvgujxyk.jpg.html

IMG_7397_zpss56zmygp.jpg.html

Bolt%20info_zpsjsujwqff.png.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
So I had some time to get around to taking measurements on the weekend. Excuse the bad photography but I have shown on the picture below where I took the measurements (to the underside of the main chassis rail for points A & B and to the underside of the guard for C & D

Measure.jpg

For reference the picture without the jockeywheel is with the tongue in the higher position, the picture with the Jockey wheel is with the tongue in the lower position (NB. The jockey wheel isn't touching the ground, I had to use it to take the guard measurements with no load on the car and to remove to van to flip the tongue/change the ball).

High:
Before.jpg

Low:
After.jpg

And the measurements:

Description: A B C D
No van 1030mm 960mm
Tongue high 562mm 603mm 1000mm 970mm
Tongue low 585mm 570mm 1005mm 965mm

So by flipping the receiver the van rides almost level. It also seems that when riding more level some (more) of the weight is taken but the front set of wheels on the van and less weight is transferred to both the rear wheels and less lifting of the front wheels.

Thanks for the offer @jcexpanda2007 - I don't think I will need it

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
So I had some time to get around to taking measurements on the weekend. Excuse the bad photography but I have shown on the picture below where I took the measurements (to the underside of the main chassis rail for points A & B and to the underside of the guard for C & D

View attachment 48038

For reference the picture without the jockeywheel is with the tongue in the higher position, the picture with the Jockey wheel is with the tongue in the lower position (NB. The jockey wheel isn't touching the ground, I had to use it to take the guard measurements with no load on the car and to remove to van to flip the tongue/change the ball).

High:
View attachment 48037

Low:
View attachment 48036

And the measurements:

No van 1030mm 960mm

So by flipping the receiver the van rides almost level. It also seems that when riding more level some (more) of the weight is taken but the front set of wheels on the van and less weight is transferred to both the rear wheels and less lifting of the front wheels.

View attachment 48038

High:
View attachment 48037

Low:
View attachment 48036

And the measurements:

No van 1030mm 960mm

Hi @Macca_75 , great pictures and shows how flipping the receiver can make a difference. Had to do a similar thing on my Colorado when I had the axle underslung on my Penguin. However, in my case, I had to go to the higher position (rather than leave it at the lower ball position) so that the additional height of the drawbar was level with the receiver on my tug. Yours now looks nice and level. Great move.

Reactions: Macca_75

Prydey

Apr 24, 2018
Woodcroft, Adelaide.
Is this spacer still available? If so, any chance you could provide measurements for the bolt hole spacing, and also rough size and weight of the package for postage calculation.
Cheers
Rob