Tone's 17.56-2 mods

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Back in the very cold shed today finishing off a couple of thing. I took out my coast to coast battery and tank guage which isn't the best and after seeing @17triton s a couple of weekends ago, was impressed with it so out with the credit card.
image.jpeg

Using the diesel heater heaps lately not realizing how much we would be I had to keep taking the gas bottle cover off every few days to top up my tank and got sick of that, ended up putting a filler in the cover, and holds an extraish liter of diesel.

image.jpeg

I have spent lots of time with many different ways of quieting down the diesel fuel pump, from mounting it the way in the instructions to wrapping in sound proof, to mounting in the Aframe covered in sound proofing but it still was worse than just leaving it hang. This is the best and final way I have found, cannot hear the pump at all inside, can still hear it just outside. It's suspended inside 65mm pvc pipe with end caps lined with foam and held up with 2rubber straps. I also got a air compressor silencer/filter with a little added foam inside for the heater air intake which makes a massive difference to that jet taking off under the van. I bought 2 off EBay for $10. Very happy now I can sleep.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
image.jpeg
After free camping with @17triton a couple of weeks ago and running over my folding panels I thought some on the roof would be the go. 2x100w flexable panels not plastic but on a thin sheet of aluminium. Hooked up through my redarc bcdc1225 in the van. Yet to try it in the sun, might have to wait a few months!

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Mmmmmmm......I like.

And would be very interested in how well they boost the power input in coldish weather and shorter days.

Tone, what size batteries do you have?

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Mmmmmmm......I like.

And would be very interested in how well they boost the power input in coldish weather and shorter days.

Tone, what size batteries do you have?
I only have a 100ah at the moment. I only put 200w up because the flexable are less efficient because they are suppose to get hotter and also winter camping less daylight and bugger all sun and they only weigh 2kg each.

Pauly

Aug 25, 2013
They look great, gotta be happy with the weight saving of them over solid ones.

Reactions: Tone

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Sounds good.....but I wondered if it was overkill.

I was interested as we've never had a problem with a 150w panel and a 100 amp battery but now speccing a replacement van and I'm resisting every salesman's insistence that you need at least two batteries.

Rubbish!

If you know what your needs are and work within that you can save on weight and wallet.

We're seriously considering using those flexible panels on the new van in place of a supplied fixed panel but I wondered if they were as efficient so I'd appreciate some idea as to how well they work.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
View attachment 43081 After free camping with @17triton a couple of weeks ago and running over my folding panels I thought some on the roof would be the go. 2x100w flexable panels not plastic but on a thin sheet of aluminium. Hooked up through my redarc bcdc1225 in the van. Yet to try it in the sun, might have to wait a few months!
You would have to put the ute in low range to run over them now .o_O :banplease:

mike4103

Jun 19, 2016
Sydney
Hi tone

The link for your external shower doesn't work, it the best way I have seen it done, I spent 3 hrs searching eBay for them with no luck

Can you please help

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Hi tone

The link for your external shower doesn't work, it the best way I have seen it done, I spent 3 hrs searching eBay for them with no luck

Can you please help
I will have a look tomorrow to see if there is a brand on it. I have tried to find it again on EBay with no luck.

G Daddy

Dec 6, 2015
Toowoomba
I found then on some pomi site a month ago, about $150 landed Aus, but decided on a Jayco style of eBay for $50 landed. Will see if I can find the site again.

Reactions: Tone